We have been patiently waiting for the debut of Walt Disney World’s two newest nighttime shows. Now we have even more information and music for each new show. Check out all of the details below.
50th Anniversary Celebrations
In February 2021, the Walt Disney Company began announcing the 50th Anniversary celebrations for Walt Disney World. Each month our excitement grew as even more entertainment, decorations, and merchandise were announced for this golden anniversary.
Walt Disney World announced that two new nighttime shows would coincide with the 50th Anniversary. In Magic Kingdom, the beloved nighttime show “Happily Ever After” would be replaced with “Enchantment”. Also in EPCOT, Guests could enjoy “Harmonious”.
Special Live Stream Event
Yesterday, we shared that Magic Kingdom’s newest nighttime fireworks show “Enchantment” was rumored to debut before the official date. This rumor has now been validated.
What is even more exciting than the early debut of this spectacular new show is that you can enjoy both “Enchantment” in the Magic Kingdom and “Harmonious” in EPCOT from the comfort of your own home. Check out how you can enjoy these live stream events HERE.
You can also join in the celebrations of the 50th Anniversary with a huge line-up of actors, athletes, and Disney Cast members. Check out this special program for the “Most Magical Story on Earth.”
Disney Parks Blog shares, “In ‘Disney Enchantment’, you’re inspired to believe in magic, with captivating Disney music, enhanced lighting, and immersive projection effects that extend- for the first time- from Cinderella Castle down Main Street, USA.”
“The evening extravaganza features stunning fireworks as well as an emotional original song, entitled ‘You Are the Magic,‘ by eight-time GRAMMY- winner and former Walt Disney World Cast Member, Philip Lawrence.”
“The evening extravaganza features stunning fireworks as well as an emotional original song, entitled ‘You Are the Magic,
“This one-of-a-kind show features characters, moments and music from dozens of Disney and Pixar animated films. It takes you beyond the ordinary to a land of magic, where w’re swept up in a world of wonder filled with friendship, love and fun. Through it all we’ll discover we only have to look within to find the power to believe and make dreams come true, because the magic was inside us all along!”
Walt Disney World released additional information regarding EPCOT’s newest nighttime show “Harmonious”. This show will last 20 minutes and will include 15 songs and feature 13 languages. This beautiful musical presentation will include 240 artists from all parts of our globe.
Check out the exciting details of this new show as shared by the Walt Disney Company earlier today:
“EPCOT Guests gathering on the shores of World Showcase Lagoon are treated to a magnificent cultural symphony, dramatizing the unifying power of story and song.”
This musical journey will include 240 artists from all parts of our globe including:
- The journey begins with “How Far I’ll Go” from “Moana” and “Go the Distance” from “Hercules” performed by “American Idol finalist and three-time GRAMMY nominee Danny Gokey, along with vocalists Elisha Garrett and Ninet Tayeb.
- The Ndlovu Youth Choir from Johannesburg contributes a medley of favorites from “The Lion King,” performed in both English and Zulu.
- “Dig a Little Deeper” from “The Princess and the frog” features vocalist Bryson Camper and legendary Gospel artists Karen Clark Sheard and Kierra Sheard.
- French pop singer Damien Sarge performs “Out There” from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame.”
- Songs from Disney and Pixar’s “Coco” get a rousing pan-Latin sendup from award-winning Puerto Rican artist Luis Fonsi, responsible for several global hits including “Despacito,” and award-winning Mexican singer/songwriter Joy.
- Disney and Pixar’s “Brave” receives a Celtic kick from GRAMMY®- and Emmy®-nominated violinist Máiréad Nesbitt and platinum-selling electronic artist, violinist and multi-talented entertainer Lindsey Stirling.
- Musical selections from “Mulan,” “The Jungle Book” and “Aladdin” are highlighted by the vocal talents of Wang Liuqi, Hollie Hammel, Aditya Rao, Gaayatri Kaundinya, Jorgie Shkara and Sanaa Marahati.
“’Harmonious’ closes the curtain for each EPCOT day with the show’s hopeful message of the magic that happens when people join together. As it draws to a close, the inspiring ballad “Someday” (from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”) combines with the new EPCOT theme from composer Pinar Toprak to unite the people of the world in hope and promise found throughout the park every day.
EPCOT Guests gathering on the shores of World Showcase Lagoon are treated to a magnificent cultural symphony, dramatizing the unifying power of story and song.”
As previously mentioned this show will be available for Walt Disney World Guests to enjoy even earlier than first announced. “Harmonious” performances take place on September 29th and also on September 30th. Grab those park passes!
Both “Harmonious” and “Enchantment” have now been added to Character Locator. Be sure to add both of these new shows to your touring plans for your next Walt Disney World vacation.
What do you think about these 2 new nighttime shows? Do you think they will be better than the previous nighttime entertainment offerings? Which do you think you may be most interested in? Share your thoughts with us on our Facebook Page.