One of the best parts of the Disney World experience is eating all the amazing dishes and treats. New food is coming to the parks and Disney Springs soon! Get all the details here.
Holidays at Disney
I cannot believe November is next week! Despite Disney already decorating for the holidays, the season doesn’t officially kick off until November 12.
At Magic Kingdom, we have the return of the Christmas parade and fireworks at Very Merriest After Hours. After a few months of tickets being available, the first few nights just recently sold out.
At Epcot, Festival of the Holidays will return with Candlelight Processional and storytellers! Living with the Land will also have its festive overlay.
I am very much looking forward to seeing the Merry Menagerie at Animal Kingdom and the Hollywood Tower Hotel all lit up at Hollywood Studios.
Looking for some festive treats to enjoy while participating in the above activities? Disney has you covered with their holiday foodie guide.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Open-Faced Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich – Grilled multigrain bread with roasted garlic mayonnaise, cornbread stuffing waffle, sliced smoked turkey breast, herb gravy, cranberry sauce, and a fried sage leaf (available Nov. 25)
- Thanksgiving Bowl – Cornbread stuffing, sliced roasted turkey, cranberry boba pearls, gravy, and slaw (available Nov. 25)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse – Pumpkin cheesecake, chocolate “dirt,” and cranberry boba pearls (available Nov. 25-28)
- Peppermint Cream Cheese Mousse – Peppermint cream cheese mousse, peppermint sauce, peppermint candy pieces, and chocolate “dirt” (available Dec. 1-30)
- Thanksgiving Plate – Turkey roulade, fine-herbs whipped potatoes, maple-glazed carrots, sweet potato pave, wild mushrooms, green bean casserole, cornbread dressing, cranberry gel, and turkey gravy (available Nov. 25)
- Roasted Squash Soup – Ginger-pear chutney, pickled jalapeño, chai-spiced and candied pistachios (available Nov. 25)
- Apple Pie Cheesecake – Whipped caramel cheesecake, apple pie compote, white chocolate streusel, and cranberry sauce (available Nov. 25)
- Horchata Mousse Snow Globe – Golden coffee crémeux, gingerbread sable cookie, coriander chantilly, elderflower meringue, bourbon caramel, and candied pecans (available Dec. 25)
- Pork T-Bone – Apple-brined pork, sweet potato variations, boniato mash, and ginger-pear butter (available Dec. 25)
Tusker House Restaurant
- Thanksgiving Dinner – Spit-roasted turkey, turkey gravy, mashed red potatoes, and focaccia bread dressing along with seasonal vegetables, pork loin, flank steak, and an assortment of desserts (available Nov. 25)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Sugar Cookie Snowman – A tasty snowman made of white chocolate sugar cookie mousse, whipped lemon curd, and a holiday sugar cookie (available Nov. 8-Jan. 3)
ABC Commissary and Catalina Eddie’s
- Santa’s Belt Cookie – White chocolate-covered chocolate shortbread cookie (available Nov. 8-Jan. 3)
Backlot Express and Trolley Car Café
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pie – Moist red velvet cake filled with classic cream cheese filling and festive sprinkles (available Nov. 8-Jan. 3)
The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge and Tune-In Lounge
- Holiday Bliss – Vanilla vodka, sour apple liqueur, caramel beverage syrup, and vanilla ice-cream mix (available Nov. 8-Jan. 3)
ABC Commissary, Backlot Express, Rosie’s All-American Café, and PizzeRizzo
- Frozen Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate – Salted caramel beverage syrup and frozen hot chocolate mix topped with marshmallows and chocolate syrup (available Nov. 8-Jan. 3)
- Frozen Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate with Black Cherry Bourbon – Salted caramel beverage syrup, frozen hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, chocolate syrup, and black cherry bourbon (available Nov. 8-Jan. 3)
Oasis Canteen, Animation Arch Bar, and Sunshine Day Bar
- Christmas on the Beach – Coconut rum, blue curaçao, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice served with a souvenir glow cube (available Nov. 8-Jan. 3)
- Holiday Brownie – Chocolate Mickey brownie with holiday sprinkles (available Nov. 8-Jan. 3)
- Butterscotch Caramel Cannoli – Holiday cannoli filled with caramel cheesecake, butterscotch chips, and chocolate flakes (available Nov. 8-Jan. 3)
Rosie’s All-American Café and Trolley Car Cafe
- Reindeer Mousse – Spiced caramel cheesecake over peanut butter mousse atop a salty pretzel shortbread cookie (available Nov. 8-Jan. 3)
Woody’s Lunch Box
- Holiday Lunch Box Tart – Apple pie filled tart frosted with cinnamon icing, sugar snowflake, and holiday sprinkles (available Nov. 8-Jan. 3)
Magic Kingdom Park
Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- Christmas Cookie Sundae – Christmas Cookie soft-serve topped with whipped cream, hot fudge, and holiday sprinkles (available Nov. 8-Dec. 31)
- Christmas Cookie Milkshake – Christmas cookie milkshake topped with whipped cream and holiday sprinkles (available Nov. 8-Dec. 31)
Golden Oak Outpost
- Gingerbread Almond Cake Pop – Gingerbread almond cake pop dipped in white chocolate (available Nov. 8-Dec. 31)
Main Street Bakery
- Mickey Cinnamon Roll – Mickey-shaped cinnamon roll drizzled with red and green icing (available Nov. 8-Dec. 31)
- Ginger Apple Funnel Cake – Gingerbread funnel cake topped with apple pie filling, vanilla ice cream, and caramel sauce (available Nov. 8-Dec. 31)
- White Chocolate Peppermint Éclair with White Chocolate and Peppermint Mousse (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Santa Mickey Dome Cake (available Nov. 5-Dec. 30)
- Holiday Mickey Mousse Mini Dome Cake (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Holiday Parfait – Bourbon white chocolate mousse, cranberry cherry panna cotta, maple chocolate ganache, and chocolate chiffon cake (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- NYE Petite Cake (available Dec. 31)
- Cherry Jubilee Bubble Waffle – Bubble waffle filled with scoops of vanilla ice cream, cherries jubilee fillings, and whipped cream (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Santa Hot Crêpe – Sweet crêpe filled with eggnog custard topped with chocolate sauce and whipped cream (available Nov. 26- Dec. 30)
- Holiday Turkey Burger – Turkey patty, butternut squash risotto cake, bacon-cranberry jam, lettuce, and tomato (available Nov. 5-Dec. 1)
- “Oh Deer” Cookie Shake – Hazelnut liqueur, vanilla gelato, cinnamon beverage syrup, whipped cream, cinnamon, and sugar dusting with ginger deer garnish (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Snowman on the Beach Margarita – Silver tequila, key lime juice, crème de coconut, sweet and sour, graham cracker rim, chocolate pearls, and carrot sugar piece (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
The Daily Poutine
- Gobbler Poutine – Turkey, brown gravy, cranberry chutney, and cheese curds (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Olaf Hot Cocoa Surprise (available Nov.12- Dec. 30)
- Santa Mickey Piñata (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Gingerbread Ganache Square (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Peppermint Bark (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Chocolate Christmas Cottage (available Dec. 22- Dec. 30)
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar
- Venison Slider – Sliders with venison sausage patties, arugula, tomato, and cranberry aïoli on house made buns (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Fried Brussel Sprouts – Fried Brussel sprouts with bacon vinaigrette (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Holiday Lights Deviled Eggs – Colored deviled eggs with tobiko, and shrimp (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Ham and Brie Flatbread – Shaved ham and brie cheese, pomegranate seeds, granny smith apples, apple vinaigrette, and watercress (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Cookies and Milk – Assorted Christmas cookies and coquito (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Lump of Coal Dessert – Cookies and cream ganache “coal” (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Elf Elixir –Tequila, crème de menthe, and half & half with cookie crumb and holly leaf sugar garnishes (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Claus Mo – Traditional cosmopolitan with a shimmery twist garnished with red and white sugar and a candy cane (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Yule Mule – Gin, ginger beer, cranberry juice, and rosemary simple syrup with a holly leaf sugar garnish (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
Outdoor Carts and Kiosks
- Mistletoe – Coconut rum, melon liqueur, blue curaçao, orange juice, pineapple juice, and Sprite (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Fireside Cider – Cinnamon whiskey, vanilla vodka, white cranberry juice, grenadine, and Ginger Ale (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
- Merry Margarita – Tequila, ginger liqueur, cinnamon beverage syrup, white cranberry juice, sweet and sour, and grenadine (available Nov. 5- Dec. 30)
Wow, Hollywood Studios and Disney Springs appear to have the most festive dishes this year! Of course, Festival of the Holidays will have its amazing kitchens as well, but we do not now have the full menu yet. Be sure to check out which holiday kitchens will be available HERE.
I see a few Thanksgiving dishes which will be nice for those of you visiting during turkey season. Animal Kingdom looks like the park to be in on Thanksgiving day. There are several options for both quick-service and table-service.
I am a bit surprised Magic Kingdom is not offering more. Last year there were a ton of desserts that I tried. You can see what was available last year in this post. Hopefully more will be announced soon.
Additionally, I hope to see a foodie guide for the resorts! Surely they will include some special holiday eats so you can keep the festivities going even after you leave the parks.
Note that all offerings subject to change.
What dishes or treats are you most excited for this holiday season? Join the conversation in the comments below and on Facebook.
Credit: Disney Parks Blog