More Disney stores are closing across the country. However, there is good news for those of you wanting to purchase your Disney merchandise in person! Will you be shopping at Target?
Disney stores closing
Disney announced that they would be closing some of their brick-and-mortar stores as their focus has shifted to online shopping.
Several of its brick-and-mortar Disney Store locations are scheduled to close by the end of the year. According to Disney, 60 of the North American locations will be affected. Currently, there are 300 Disney Stores worldwide.
I always loved visiting my local Disney store in our mall. If I could not be at Disney, it was the next closest thing.
List of affected stores
While many have already been announced, there are some new ones to add to the list. Most surprisingly (or not), the Orlando location is closing. At first, you may be confused why the Disney store located right next to Disney World would close. However, it does make sense considering many of these items can be found in the parks anyway.
Here is the complete list. They are all expected to close on or before September 15, 2021.
- Tempe: Arizona Mills, 5000 Arizona Mills Circle
- Tucson: Tucson Premium Outlets, 6401 W. Marana Center Blvd.
- Brea: Brea Mall, 1065 Brea Mall
- Carlsbad: Carlsbad Premium Outlets, 5610 Paseo Del Norte
- Cerritos: Los Cerritos Shopping Center, 163 Los Cerritos Center
- Concord: Sunvalley Mall, 1 Sunvalley Mall
- Daly City: Serramonte Center, 25 Serramonte Center
- Fresno: Fashion Fair, 587 E Shaw Ave.
- Gilroy: Gilroy Premium Outlet, 681 Leavesley Road
- Lakewood: Lakewood Center, 88 Lakewood Center Mall
- Los Angeles: Westfield Century City, 10250 Santa Monica Blvd.
- Modesto: Vintage Faire, 3401 Dale Road
- National City: Westfield Plaza Bonita, 3030 Plaza Bonita Road
- San Francisco: Stockton Street, 39 Stockton St. (Closing on or before Sept. 8)
- Santa Clara: Westfield Valley Fair, 2855 Stevens Creek Boulevard
- Sherman Oaks: Westfield Fashion Square, 14006 Riverside Drive
- Thousand Oaks: The Oaks, 350 West Hillcrest Drive
- Torrance: Del Amo Fashion Center, 21712 Hawthorne Blvd.
- Valencia: Valencia Town Center, 24201 West Valencia Blvd.
- Danbury: Danbury Fair, 7 Backus Ave.
- Farmington: Westfarms Mall, 500 Westfarms Mall
- Doral: Miami International Mall, 1455 Northwest 107th Ave.
- Lutz: Tampa Premium Outlets, 2300 Grand Cypress Drive
- Miami: Dadeland Mall, 7527 Dadeland Mall
- Orlando: The Florida Mall, 8001 So. Orange Blossom Trail
- Buford: Mall of Georgia, 3333 Buford Drive
- Aurora: Chicago Premium Outlets, 1650 Premium Outlet Blvd.
- Chicago: North Michigan Avenue, 717 North Michigan Ave. (Closing on or before Sept. 1)
- Gurnee: Gurnee Mills, 6170 West Grand Ave.
- Schaumburg: Woodfield Mall, 1600 Golf & Meacham Road
- Clarksburg: Clarksburg Premium Outlets, 22705 Clarksburg Road
- Burlington: Burlington Mall, 75 Middlesex Turnpike
- Wrentham: Wrentham Village Premium Outlets, 1 Premium Outlets Blvd.
- Auburn: Great Lakes Crossing, 4286 Baldwin Road
- Chesterfield: St. Louis Premium Outlets, 18521 Outlet Blvd.
- Las Vegas: Las Vegas South Premium Outlets, 7400 Las Vegas Blvd. South
New Hampshire Closure
- Merrimack: Merrimack Premium Outlet, 80 Premium Outlets Blvd.
New Jersey Closures
- Deptford: Deptford Mall, 1750 Deptford Center Road
- Edison: Menlo Park Mall, 55 Parsonage Road
- Jackson: Jackson Premium Outlets, 537 Monmouth Road
- Paramus: Garden State Plaza, 1 Garden State Plaza Blvd.
New York Closures
- Central Valley: Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, 191 Marigold Court
- Elmhurst: Queens Center, 90-15 Queens Boulevard
- Lake Grove: Smith Haven Mall, 313 Smith Haven Mall Road
- Niagara Falls: Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls, 1900 Military Road
North Carolina Closures
- Charlotte: SouthPark Mall, 4400 Sharon Road
- Concord: Concord Mills, 8111 Concord Mills Blvd.
- Limerick: Philadelphia Premium Outlet, 18 West Lightcap Road
- Whitehall: Lehigh Valley Mall, 217 Lehigh Valley Mall
- Nashville: Opry Mills, 433 Opry Mills Drive
- Houston: Houston Galleria, 5015 Westheimer Road
- McAllen: La Plaza Mall, 2200 South 10th St.
- Mercedes: Rio Grand Valley Premium Outlets, 5001 East Expressway 83
- Round Rock: Round Rock Premium Outlets, 4401 North Interstate Highway 35
- Salt Lake City: City Creek Center, 51 South Main Street
Virginia Disney Closure
- Woodbridge: Potomac Mills, 2700 Potomac Mills Circle
- Tukwila: Westfield Southcenter, 536 Southcenter Mall
My local Disney store closed earlier this year, and I have been lamenting the loss of the magic that can be found in these local stores when I can’t be at Disney. Marisol echoed the same sentiments in her reflections.
However, there is good news! Back in 2019, pop up Disney shops started appearing in select Target stores around the country. These little shops included a mix of Disney Store-exclusive items and other Disney licensed merchandise.
Now, Disney and Target are expanding their partnership to include 100 more of these Disney pop up shops in Target locations!
Disney and Target are expanding their partnership to include 100 more of these Disney pop up shops in Target locations!
In total, more than 160 locations will have Disney merchandise. According to Target, “The “shop-in-shop” store spaces are located near our kids’ clothing and toy aisles, and feature fun for the whole family. There’s music, interactive displays and a cozy seating area where families can relax, play games and watch Disney movie clips and more. And look for photo ops throughout the space where you can try on Mickey’s magic hat, pose with a life-size lightsaber and wear a prince or princess crown.”
With the closure of more Disney Stores, expect to see these pop up shops, well, pop up at your local Target. You can use the Disney Store Finder to see if your store is participating.
What do you think of Disney Stores closing? Will you be shopping at Target now? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook.