Because Jollywood Nights is a new event, it can be hard to decide what should make it to your itinerary. The event features all new food and beverages, and we think the Holiday Fiesta en la Calle menu is a big hit!
Hollywood Studios is hosting its first ever holiday event this year. It’s called Jollywood Nights and it celebrates everything we love about the glitz and glamour of old Hollywood – Christmas style!
There are two new stage shows, tons of character meet and greet opportunities, the return of Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, exclusive food and beverages, and other experiences. Be sure to read my full review HERE.
But if you read that review and feel a bit disheartened, I am here to give you hope. Disney implemented many changes after that disastrous first night, and I attend the event a second time. I will be sharing my thoughts about that experience soon.
Holiday Fiesta en la Calle at ABC Commissary
One of the many food and beverage stops at Jollywood Nights is Holiday Fiesta en la Calle at ABC Commissary. Here is a look at the menu:
- Chicken Empanadas with Street Corn: Chicken empanadas served with a side of street corn salad topped with chili peppers, lime, and cotija cheese
- Yuca con Chicharrón: Fried pork belly, yuca, red pickled onions, and chili pepper-lime seasoning with a yellow pepper aïoli
- Mushroom Taco: Chili-roasted Mixed mushrooms, avocado crema, baby gem lettuce, and garnished with sliced radish (Plant-based Item)
- Birria Taco: Shredded short rib and Monterey jack served with beef consommé for dipping
- Tembleque: Coconut rice pudding with caramel rum sauce and cinnamon
- Mexican Hot Cocoa Cheesecake: Spiced chocolate cheesecake on a chocolate cookie base topped with vanilla whipped cream and cocoa powder with a chocolate handle
- Mangonada: Frozen mango beverage with mango-chili pepper-lime sauce and chili pepper-lime seasoning on top (Non-alcoholic)
- Zero-Proof Piña Colada: Lyre’s Spiced Cane Spirit, coconut, pineapple, and lime
- Oaxaca Old Fashioned: Casa Dragones Blanco Tequila, Del Maguey Vida Mezcal, agave nectar, Mexican chocolate, and orange bitters served over ice garnished with an orange
Review and Tips
During my second night at Jollywood Nights, I decided to skip the Brown Derby Lounge (I had done that the first night) and check out some of the other options. I am so glad I decided to try the chicken empanadas with street corn and the birria taco at ABC Commissary!
The chicken empanadas were tiny but very tasty. Mine were a little well-done, but that did not stop me from eating both! I liked that the street corn was off the cob and in its own bowl. This made it very easy to eat on the go!
The birria taco was a decent portion, but I do wish there was more than one. It was just so good! Other than the beef consommé being really salty, this dish was perfect.
While the event officially starts at 8:30 pm, this location (like most other dining options) opens early at 8:00 pm. There was quite a line a few minutes before opening, so if this is one of your first stops I would get there at about 7:55 pm.
Otherwise, you should have no problem walking in and ordering later in the evening. The thing I love most about ABC Commissary is that it has huge indoor seating area. This makes it ideal for taking an extended break or getting cover from the outside elements.
Have you attended Jollywood Nights? Did you try Holiday Fiesta en la Calle? Let us know in the comments below, and share this post with a friend who is attending.