For guests sailing aboard Disney Cruise Line, they will once again have the opportunity to pre-reserve a meet and greet spot before sailing. Read on to learn more about the gathering and when guests are able to secure a reservation.
Princess Gathering Meet and Greet
Pre-pandemic guests sailing on Disney Cruise Line were able to pre-book a time to meet their favorite princesses during the popular Princess Gathering. The ticketed event guaranteed guests a reservation where they could meet multiple Disney Princesses like Belle, Ariel, Mulan, Rapunzel, Tianna, Snow White, and Cinderella, to name a few. Appearances during the meet-and-greet varied, based on who was meeting and on the ship, as some Princesses meet on one ship but not necessarily on another.
When Disney Cruise Line began sailing after the pandemic, many of the activities and amenities did not return. For example, a sought after amenity reopened on all four ships a couple weeks ago.
For guests who will be sailing mid-July and beyond, Disney has just announced that the Royal Gathering (formerly known as the Princess Gathering) will once again take place throughout the ships.
To book the Royal Gathering, cruise reservations must be paid in full. Furthermore, if all spots have been “sold out” (meet and greets are free but require a pre-booking reservation) there is no need to panic as guests can visit Guest Services the day of embarkation. Reservations may be available for guests who were not able to pre-book.
As noted per the Disney Cruise Line page:
Come meet some of your favorite royal friends—pose for photos and make magical memories. This is a booked experience. Additional Character appearances that do not require a reservation are available throughout your cruise. Please check the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app once on board the ship for a schedule of appearances. Due to the popularity of this event, please note the following:
- This is a booked experience—each stateroom Guest will be required to present a valid reservation to attend.
- Guests may attend one booked Character experience per cruise.
- A limited number of reservations may be available on the first day of your cruise. Please check the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app upon embarking to determine if there is availability. If a specific time is unavailable, try selecting another time and/or day.
- Disney Character appearances may vary from sailing to sailing.
- Children under 8 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian—Guests ages 8 and up may participate without a chaperone.
DCL’S announcement of the Royal Gathering returning to sailings is a great indication that traditional meet and greet with hugs and autographs are back after Covid protocols were put in place after sailings first began.