It’s the battle of the churros. Find out the fun election that Disney is holding just in time to celebrate National Churro Day at both Disney Springs and Downtown Disney!
There has always been the great debate among Disney fans regarding who sells the best churro: Disneyland or Walt Disney World. Hands down, in my personal opinion, it has always been the Disneyland Churro. In fact, I may or may have not eaten four churros in one day at Disneyland. But, I digress.
Disney is celebrating National Churro Day on June 6th, and starting today, fans are encouraged to vote for which exclusive limited-time churro flavors they would like to see offered at Sunshine Churros at Disney Springs and California Churro at Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California.
Each location will offer three unique flavor creations – many inspired by popular fan feedback – which fans can vote on. Based on the final polling results, the most voted on flavor from each location will be available for purchase for a limited time June 6 through June 12.
Before casting a vote, let us get to know each of the following churro contenders.
Sunshine Churros at Disney Springs
- Double Chocolate Churro – Guests ask daily about a chocolate churro, so here we go! This delicious churro is rolled in chocolate sugar coating and drizzled with yummy milk chocolate sauce.
- Golden Dragon Churro – The general manager of Sunshine Churros put his personal touch on this twist of a Blue Ribbon Corn Dog. This churro is rolled in Panko crumbs with a sriracha mayo drizzled over the top.
- Peanut Butter Lovers – Inspired by the California Churro’s Halfway to Halloween offering, this churro is rolled in cinnamon sugar, drizzled with milk chocolate and peanut butter sauce and topped with peanut butter candy pieces.
California Churro at Downtown Disney District
- Caramel Apple Churro – Take a popular Disney treat and make it a churro! This yummy churro is rolled in apple sugar and drizzled with caramel sauce.
- Mint Chocolate Churro – A personal favorite when it comes to any dessert. This churro is rolled in chocolate sugar and drizzled with milk chocolate and mint icing.
- Chocolicious Strawberries and Creme Churro – Inspired by a Mexican snack cake (Gansito), this churro is rolled in cinnamon sugar, a drizzle of strawberry topping, milk chocolate, and marshmallow fluff.
Next week, Disney Park Blog will announce the winners of each location. May the best churros win!