March is Women’s History Month and you can celebrate all month long through the Walt Disney World Resort. Check out the many great offerings including sweet treats from Encanto. Be sure to enjoy these soon because they will only be available for a limited time.
Women’s History Month
The Disney Park Blog shares, “All month long, “Celebrate HER Story” will put the spotlight on cherished Disney character heroines and our talented female cast members who are making positive impacts. From engineers, magic makers, and chefs to talented female-led entertainment and unique offerings, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.“
Check out how you can take part in the limited-time offerings at these various locations.
As Guests check into their Disney Resorts, be on the lookout for unique photo backdrops. At Disney Resorts, Guests can take photos with 20 different unique photo-silhouette backdrops. We love the fun limited edition photo props that are available for holidays, festivals, and now for Women’s History Month.
If you take a photo with these backdrops be sure to share with the tag #CelebrateHERStory. Also at select Resorts, Guests can enjoy sweet offerings just for the month of March.
At Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, discover:
- Chorizo Arepas: Cheese arepas topped with chorizo, red pepper and onion-egg scramble, arugula, and sliced avocado
- Mirabel Cupcake: Cinnamon cupcake filled with custard and topped with coconut buttercream, toasted coconut, and Mirabel-inspired fondant garnishes
Also at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, you can enjoy:
- Luisa Push-Up Cake Pop: Layers of vanilla cake and tres leches pastry cream topped with a doughnut hole ‘boulder’
- Encanto Cholado: Crushed ice topped with sliced fresh fruit, sweetened condensed milk and shredded coconut
Over at Disney Springs, Guests can enjoy great entertainment for the month of March. “On Friday and Saturday evenings a female DJ will lead a Disney sing-along for families on the AdventHealth Waterside Stage. The playlist will feature songs by some of Disney’s most beloved and inspirational female characters.”
On Friday and Saturday evenings a female DJ will lead a Disney sing-along for families on the AdventHealth Waterside Stage. The playlist will feature songs by some of Disney’s most beloved and inspirational female characters.
“In addition, a variety of female performers will be featured most nights throughout the month of March.” Special food options will also be available at Disney Springs.
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar will showcase inspired dishes created by female chefs:
- Nona’s Home-Style Meatballs presented by Sous Chef Lori Tiritilli: Italian meatballs with Sunday gravy, basil pesto, and scratch-made lemon ricotta, grilled focaccia crostini, grated pecorino cheese
- Carne Frita con Tostones presented by Sous Chef Natalie Floyd: Crispy pork shoulder tostones, pickled onions, citrus aioli
Tempt your sweet tooth by heading over to Amorette’s Patisserie to enjoy:
- “The Passion of My Life” Dessert presented by Pastry Chef Yoly Lazo Colon: Pineapple, mango and toasted coconut mousse, coconut chiffon cake, white chocolate crisp pearls and infused passion fruit glacage
- Or, visit The Ganachery to discover a treat inspired by a fierce female Padawan:
- Lady Tano Pop, a concept by Chocolatier Katie Dodge presented by Chef Chocolatier Amanda Lauder: Plant-based coconut and blueberry swirled ganache topped with dark 65% chocolate
Are you excited for live entertainment for the Flower and Garden Festival? For the month of March, an exciting line-up of female artists are set to take the America Gardens Theatre stage:
- Skillzmatic – March 2, 3, 29, 30, 31
- Melina León – March 11,12
- CeCe Winans – March 13, 14
- Hello Sister – March 15, 16, 17
- Glass Ceiling – March 22, 23, 24
Be sure to check out the full list of bands set to perform in the Flower and Garden Festival HERE.
Magic Kingdom will offer a variety of sweet treats in honor of Women’s History Month. Check out these great offerings:
- At Liberty Square Market, discover the Madame Leota Cupcake inspired by Leota Toombs: Chocolate-cherry cake filled with black cherry-lime cream finished with blackberry buttercream
- At Friar’s Nook, enjoy the “it’s a small world” Cupcake inspired by Mary Blair: Lemon funfetti cake, blue raspberry buttercream, and vanilla-lemon buttercream
- And, at select outdoor food and beverage carts on Main Street, U.S.A., you will find the Cinderella Castle Mosaic Cupcake inspired by Dorothea Redmond: Champagne-flavored cake filled with fresh raspberry champagne compote, finished with gold champagne buttercream, mosaic tile sprinkles and chocolate garnish
Will you be visiting Walt Disney World this March? Will you be trying any of these treats or enjoying any entertainment offerings? Share your thoughts with us on our Facebook Page.