Is there anything better than reliving some Disney nostalgia? You can enjoy this attraction in its original format once again for a limited time.
Located in four Disney theme parks around the world, Soarin’ is a fan-favorite attraction. Soarin’ over California opened at California Adventure in 2001 followed by 2005 at Epcot. Shanghai and Tokyo also have versions of Soarin’, which opened in 2016 and 2019, respectively.
Soarin’ over California became Soarin’ around the World in 2016 at California Adventure and Epcot. While many Guests love both versions of the attraction, there is no denying sometimes the original is the best.
The original Soarin’ featured breathtaking scenes of California with the same ride style that we still enjoy. Soarin’ Around the World leads us on an adventure to places like Fiji, Australia, India, and France. The smells are my favorite part of the whole ride!
Return of Soarin’ Over California
Every once in a while, Disney brings back Soarin’ Over California to the delight of fans everywhere. It is a great opportunity to relive some Disney nostalgia! In both 2019 and 2020, Soarin’ Over California returned to California Adventure for very limited times.
Soarin’ Over California will return to California once again! The Food & Wine Festival begins on the West Coast on March 4 and runs through April 26. If you are planning a trip to Disneyland during this time, this is a must-do activity!
Soarin’ Over California returns to California Adventure from March 4 to April 26.
Other Festival Happenings
There is so much to see and do at any Disney festival. Here is what The Food and Wine Festival is offering for 2022:
- Culinary Demonstrations – Local, visiting and Disney chefs prepare a few of their favorite recipes on stage––available weekends only!
- Festival Marketplaces – Outdoor kiosks offer an assortment of mouthwatering bites, wine, beer and specialty beverages.
- Family Programming – Throughout the duration of the festival, find something fun for everyone in the family including special activity zones and demonstrations.
- Cocktails @ Sonoma Terrace hosted by CORKCICLE® – Enjoy an expanded menu of craft brews, signature cocktails, savory snacks and more.
- Live Music – Groove to toe-tappin’ musical performances presenting the perfect side dish to complement the bon viveur vibe.
Will you be attending this year’s Food and Wine Festival? Do you have Soarin’ Over California on your touring plan? Let us know in the comments below and on Facebook.