It’s almost that time of the year again where the smell of fresh spring is in the air and Epcot is filled with the beautiful topiaries and gardens that guests have become quite fond of over the years. This morning the new list revealing the new topiaries and gardens was released!
Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot
I can’t personally pick my favorite Epcot Festival throughout the year because I enjoy them all equally. However, I very much enjoy visiting during the Flower and Garden Festival because of so many different experiences and offerings.
This will mark the the 28th year of Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival.
It will run from March 3rd through July 5th, 2021. Valid park admission reservation and ticket is needed. The Spring celebration welcomes gardening, topiaries, butterflies, gardens, food, and music throughout the festival.
It is a festival not to be missed!
EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival Outdoor Kitchens
Have I mentioned the food? Well, guests are in for quite the treat while visiting Epcot this time of year! Food galore!
Disney has released information regarding outdoor kitchens for the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. Read HERE to learn more!
Now, let me share with you my FAVORITE food during the Flower and Garden Festival that I truly wish on a shooting star would be on the menu throughout the year: Frushi!
Oh, my goodness… if you have never tried this delicacy, then you are missing out! Hurry…run…book a park pass for Epcot!
What is frushi? Frushi is fruit sushi! It is made up of sushi rice, cream of coconut, strawberries, cantaloupe and pineapple.
It is then rolled up in soy wrappers. The piece of résistance is the garnish of toasted coconut, raspberry puree, and whipped cream! Delicious!
Topiaries and Gardens
Besides my love of enjoying about twenty servings of frushi, I truly admire and love walking around seeing all of the different topiaries that the Flower and Garden have to offer.
In fact, I even wrote an article about visiting all the topiaries in one day. Make sure to read my article HERE!
Discover spectacular topiaries of beloved animals and Disney characters, cultivated with care by Disney horticulturists.
This year’s Flower and Garden topiaries include the following:
- Sorcerer Mickey Mouse, Broom, Ostriches, Hippo and Mushroom – Main Entrance
- Woody, Bo Peep and her sheep – Future World West
- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy – Between Future World & World Showcase
- Pluto and Chip ‘n Dale – Between Future World and World Showcase
- Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Huey, Dewey and Louie – Showcase Plaza
- Buzz Lightyear – Future World East near Mission: SPACE®
- Figment – Future World West near Imagination!
- Topiary Butterflies – Future World West
- The Three Caballeros (Jose, Donald and Panchito) – Mexico Pavilion
- Anna and Elsa – Norway Pavilion
- Troll – Norway Pavilion
- Dragon Topiary – Japan Pavilion near Torii Gate
- Pandas – China Pavilion
- China Zodiac Topiary Garden – China Pavilion in front of Nine Dragons
- Simba and Friends (Rafiki, Simba, Mufasa and Sarabi) – Future World West
- Snow White and Dopey – Germany Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp – Italy Pavilion
- Beauty and the Beast – France Pavilion
- Remy – France Pavilion
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy – Between United Kingdom and Canada Pavilions
- Peter Pan and Captain Hook – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends (Rabbit, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger) – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Tinker Bell and Fairy Houses – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Bambi and Friends – Future World East near Mouse Gear
There can be no Flower and Garden Festival without beautiful garden settings throughout the Festival! There is one brand new garden joining the 2021 Festival!
Weave through dazzling flowerbeds, stumble upon exotic gardens, learn more about sustainable foods and celebrate the ways we can live in harmony with the natural world.
- Outdoor Escapes Presented by OFF!® Repellents at Future World East – Unwind in refreshing spaces that show just how easy it is to create an outdoor escape that brings family and friends together—no design expertise, huge budget or green thumb required! Note: closes at dusk.
- Floating Gardens – Peer upon more than 100 petite plots drifting on the ponds that border the walkway between Future World and the World Showcase.
- Festival Blooms – Admire thousands of flowers that form colorful, living panoramas overlooking Future World’s East and West lakes.
- The Goodness Garden Butterfly House Presented by GoGo squeeZ® at Future World West – View a kaleidoscope of butterflies up close, in all their extraordinary color. Learn about butterflies’ lifecycles and maybe even see one emerge from its chrysalis. Note: closes at dusk.
- (NEW!) Prehistoric Garden at Future World West – Imagine life on Earth 65 million years ago with astounding plant life that’s thrived since the age of the dinosaurs.
- Bold Bromeliads at Future World West by the Land
- Health Full Trail Presented by AdventHealth – Delight in a whimsical area made to inspire youthful energy and creativity! The whole family can learn ways to stay healthy at this Outdoor Kitchen and garden along the Imagination Walkway. Note: closes at dusk.
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board™ at Future World – Learn about honey bees’ critical role in the environment, and enjoy sweet and savory treats made possible by their hard work. Located near Imagination! Pavilion.
- Tropical Rainforest Garden at Mexico Pavilion – Discover the rich biodiversity of the Mexican rainforest and learn about its highly adaptive species.
- Extraordinary Orchids at Mexico Pavilion – Set eyes on these spectacular plants blooming in radiant color.
- Bamboo Garden at China Pavilion – Visit this garden to see bamboo in a variety of colors, patterns and sizes.
- Chinese Zodiac Topiary Garden at China Pavilion – Celebrate the year of the Ox in this inspired display of Zodiac animals, made entirely from dried plant material.
- Alpine Miniature Garden at Germany Pavilion – Appreciate the little things in this showcase of diminutive dwellings nestled in a forest of fine shrubs.
- Growing the Future presented by Murata Electronics at Germany Pavilion – Beginning in April, join our friends from Science from Scientists® in a fun and fascinating experience that explores how cutting-edge technology from Murata, paired with agricultural science, can transform the way we seed the future.
- Garden Italiano at Italy Pavilion – From fresh spaghetti sauce to pizza toppings, this Tuscan kitchen garden features all the produce and herbs needed to create a classic Italian feast.
- Kokedama Garden at Japan Pavilion – Admire fresh expressions of an ancient Japanese art at this tranquil garden.
- Bonsai Collection at Japan Pavilion – Learn about the ancient art of bonsai, some of the finest living sculptures. Bonsai masters carefully shape and tend to these miniature works of art, creating peace and balance with the earth.
- Urban Spice Garden at Morocco Pavilion – Discover how Eastern cultures flourished, trading signature spices and herb blends, once considered more valuable than gold.
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings of London® – Unearth the history and art of tea blending at this elegant English Tea Garden at the United Kingdom Pavilion, featuring plants used in some of Twinings’ finest tea blends.
- Shakespeare Garden at United Kingdom Pavilion – Rediscover Shakespeare in this idyllic garden, featuring excerpts from some of the Bard’s most famous sonnets and the dazzling flowers that influenced them.
Have you visited all the topiaries at the Flower & Garden Festival? Which topiary are you most looking forward too? Let us know on Kenny the Pirate’s Facebook page or join our crew and continue the discussion there.