I don’t know about you, but I just love the fall and Halloween season! We normally visit Walt Disney World every year to attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party. While we can’t attend the parties this year, Disney has come up with a great way to keep the creativity flowing! Check out this new virtual Halloween costume contest!
This year, will be our first year in a long time where we will not be traveling to Walt Disney World for the Halloween season. It breaks my heart, because we love to come up with fun costume themes each year for the Halloween parties.
Halloween at Disney World
This year, Disney has decided to cancel the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween parties due to Covid-19 precautions. It is definitely sad for sure, but I agree with the decision. I think it would be sadder to see a stripped-down version of the parties and still have to pay an extra fee.
Don’t worry, Disney isn’t letting us down completely, though. They have found some amazing new ways to bring elements from the parties into the parks during regular hours and right now through October 31st, guests of all ages can dress up in their Halloween costumes during normal park hours!
A Fun Way to Keep the Magic Alive
If you aren’t able to visit Walt Disney World this year, we have some great news! You don’t have to miss out on all the Halloween fun, because D23 is hosting their first-ever virtual Halloween Mousequerade costume contest!
D23 invites fans to design their own Disney-inspired costumes for our first-ever virtual costume contest, the D23 Halloween Mousequerade.
Create and suit up in your best Disney-themed, original costume and enter for a chance to win a $500 Disney Gift Card!
Many of our writers on the Kenny the Pirate team also love to get the whole family involved in dressing up for the season!
Every year, my mom and I go all out on our costumes! Last year was my favorite thus far because we did an Ariel and Flounder theme. It was so much fun getting pictures with Ariel at the parties!
If you also love to show your creative side just as much as we do, then you need to enter the Halloween Mousequerade costume contest!
Enter Online September 17 – October 1
Mousequerade Contest Information
- One Grand Prize Winner will receive a Disney Gift Card for $500
- One First Runner Up Winner will receive a Disney Gift Card for $250
- One Second Runner Up Winner will receive a Disney Gift Card for $100
Photo submissions will be judged based on the following criteria, weighted equally:
- Costume quality
- Craftsmanship of the costume
- Innovative use of materials
How to Enter
1. To participate in this contest, you must be a current D23 General, Gold, or Gold Family Member.
If you are not a member, create a free General Member account.
2. Submit an entry form and a photo of your costume September 17 – October 1, on D23.com.
- You can submit up to 3 photos in an original costume inspired by “All Things Disney.”
- “All Things Disney” means costumes should be inspired by the fantastic worlds of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars, from movies and TV to Disney Parks attractions and other Disney properties.
- Before submitting, check out the Contest Rules to ensure your costume entry will be considered
3. Join us Halloween night!
Lastly, winners will be announced at the virtual D23 Halloween Mousequerade event, which will be streamed on D23.com and D23’s Facebook and YouTube channels on October 31st.
Tune in this Halloween at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT.
Who are the Judges?
D23 has assembled a panel of 4 celebrity judges who will review all entries and decide who will advance to the Video Submissions round.
As of this moment, we don’t know the identities of these celebrity judges yet, but stay tuned as the website says they will be revealed soon!
Guests wishing to enter the Halloween Mousequerade costume contest must:
1. Be eighteen (18) years of age or older or the age of majority in your state of primary residence, whichever is older;
2. Be a legal resident of, and physically residing in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia;
3. Be a D23 General Member or above; and
4. Not be an employee of the Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies or their respective advertising, promotion or fulfillment agencies involved in this Contest.
For a full list of Official Contest Rules click HERE.
Costumes should be inspired by the fantastic worlds of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars, from movies and TV to Disney Parks attractions and other Disney properties.
Costumes should be made by Contestants from original household materials. Use of materials from officially licensed Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, or Marvel merchandise, commercially available costumes or third party professional sources is strongly discouraged and will not improve the judging of your entry.
To begin your entry, visit the D23 contest site here!
If you have never attended a D23 event, then check out this amazing video of last year’s Mousquerade contest to see just how creative these costume can get!
We hope you find this Halloween contest a fun distraction from all of the craziness 2020 has brought us! If you enter, be sure to show us your costumes!
Have you ever attended a D23 Mousequerade event before? Do you plan on submitting to the virtual contest this year? Show us your costumes on our Facebook! page!