Hurricane Ian continues to affect Disney Cruise Line as more changes are occurring.
Hurricane Ian and DCL
As previously reported, Friday’s Disney Wish sailing is canceled, which means that the ship that is currently out at sea would not be coming back to Port Canaveral until the ports have reopened. Additionally, the Disney Fantasy’s Saturday arrival and embarkation times are now expected to be delayed, and the Disney Dream sailing from Port Miami has seen no changes at all.
Yesterday before the cancellation, we shared an update from Disney Cruise Line that stated:
“We have been closely monitoring Hurricane Ian. Based on the current projected forecast, we anticipate that the Disney Wish, Disney Fantasy, and Disney Dream will sail as scheduled. However, there is a possibility that the Disney Wish will return to Port Canaveral on Friday, September 30th, later than originally scheduled.”
However, as of this evening, we have received information that the Disney Wish will remain at sea for one more day.
Disney Wish Current Sailing
When dealing with Mother Nature there is no certainty with weather conditions. Captain Andy has just informed guests aboard the Disney Wish that they are now planning to return to Port Canaveral on Sunday, October 2nd. Additionally, he also shared that the Disney Wish will try to visit Castaway Cay on Saturday, depending on weather conditions. However, that is not a guarantee.
At the moment, we have not received news regarding the Disney Fantasy that is scheduled to arrive back to Port Canaveral on Saturday. I (Marisol) would assume that they would also return on Sunday, but nothing has been confirmed at this time.