We are approaching the second week of Pixar Fest. Here you will find the next movie and themed snack. Read on for all the details!
Pixar Fest is a month long celebration with watchalongs, new merchandise, and fun recipes to enjoy while watching the movie.
EACH WEEK THERE IS A DIFFERENT PIXAR MOVIE AND RECIPE FOR A SNACK TO ENJOY ALONG WITH YOUR MOVIE.
We will be sending out these recipes for you to enjoy each Friday afternoon during Pixar Fest. Be sure to check back to get each recipe!
Check out all the details about Pixar Fest and all of the latest things Pixar HERE!
Second Movie: Inside Out
Inside Out is a Disney Pixar film from 2015. You can stream this on Disney+. Disney+’s description of the movie is:
Growing up can be a bumpy road, and it’s no exception for Riley, who is uprooted from her Midwest life when her father starts a new job in San Francisco. Like all of us, Riley is guided by her emotions; Joy (Amy Poehler); Fear (Bill Hader); Anger (Lewis Black); Disgust (Mindy Kaling); and Sadness (Phylis Smith).
The Emotions live in Headquarters, the control center inside Riley’s mind, where they help advise her through everyday life. As Riley and her Emotions struggle to adjust to a new life, turmoil ensues in Headquarters. Although Joy, Riley’s main and most important Emotion, tries to keep things positive, the Emotions conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school. Some flashing lights sequences or patterns may affect photosensitive viewers.
Inside Out Themed Snack Recipe
Frozen Banana Joy Pops are the INSIDE OUT themed snack. This is also a Mickey Check meal! Here is what you will need to make the Frozen Banana Joy Pops:
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup nonfat unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried blueberries, crumbled
- 1/4 cup shelled unsalted pistachios, chopped
- Half sheet pan or two large plates
- Parchment or wax paper
- 2 small mixing bowls
- 2 spoons
- 8 popsicle sticks
- Line a half sheet pan or two-large plates with parchment or wax paper
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk to combine the yogurt and honey until combined. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and slice in half crosswise. Insert a popsicle stick into the bottom of each halved banana.
- Dip the bananas into the yogurt/honey mixture using a spoon to coat the bananas evenly. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, crumble the freeze-dried blueberries with a spoon. Kids can help with this part. Sprinkle with freeze-dried blueberries on the top half of the banana pops (to resemble Joy’s hair) and the chopped pistachios on the bottom half of the banana pops (to resemble Joy’s dress). Kids can help with this part.
- Place the coated bananas on the prepared sheet pan or plates. Set in the freezer overnight for the bananas and coating to freeze.
Disney also includes this disclaimer:
As a reminder, while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.