The resort rollout that disallows paper Fastpass usage for onsite guests is continuing this week with the All Star Resorts. Disney’s Pop Century was the first not to allow resort guests to use the Key to the World to retrieve paper Fastpasses from the machines within the parks. It is now being followed by ALL THREE All Star Resorts. If you check in on the dates below or after, you will receive a MagicBand only. If you request a Key to the World, it will have the magnetic stripe on the back deactivated, so you will be unable to use it in any paper Fastpass machine.
- All Star Sports – December 2 onward
- All Star Music – December 4 onward
- All Star Movies – December 6 onward
- Guests will continue to engage in MyMagic+ testing in the same way that all other resort Guests do.
- Upon check in, Guests will receive their MagicBands if they did not receive them at home after customizing them in advance using My Disney Experience.
- Front Desk Cast Members can provide an RF-enabled Key to the World card if a Guest requests it instead of a MagicBand. The RF-enabled Key to the World card functions the same way a MagicBand does at touch points. Guests with RF-enabled Key to the World cards will touch to enter their resort room and theme parks and water parks (with valid theme park admission), touch to pay (optional) and touch to redeem FastPass+ selections
Reactive Guest FAQs:
Why am I only getting a MagicBand and not a Key to the World card?
As part of our test-and-adjust process with MyMagic+, we are conducting a test where Guests staying at Disney’s Pop Century Resort will be issued only a MagicBand for use throughout their stay.
If I am issued a Key to the World card can I still get FASTPASS tickets when I’m in the park in addition to the FastPass+ selections I make on My Disney Experience?
No. Because the mag stripes are not active on Key to the World cards issued to Guests participating in this test., they will not work in FASTPASS machines. By staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you have the benefit of reserving
access to some of your favorite attractions ahead of time with Disney FastPass+ service.
SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL!Never miss a beat – just enter your email address below and you'll get an email every time I publish a new post! You can also adjust the settings for a daily overview.
Can I make FastPass+ selections for more than one park on the same day?
You can make FastPass+ selections for only one park per day for each day of valid theme park admission.