Need a taste of Disney while at home? Disney has released another delicious recipe for us to make and enjoy at home! Check out all the details and the recipe below!
Disney’s Riviera Resort
Disney’s Riviera Resort is the newest addition to the Disney Vacation Club Family. This resort is inspired by Europe, which Walt loved himself!
This resort has two casual dining restaurants. You will find Primo Piatto and Le Petit Cafe. Visit Primo Piatto for snacks, sandwiches, salads and more. At Le petit Cafe you will find coffee, pastries, late-night drinks, and small plates.
A favorite among the KtP writing crew is the signature restaurant that can be found here. Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera is a must do! Read HERE and HERE for reviews on their character breakfast.
At dinner, guests will be able to choose from French and Italian-inspired dishes. This menu also includes the Warm Chocolate Cake. Now, they are sharing a version of this recipe for us to enjoy at home. The chefs have created a special at home version, that has added raspberry to the caramel filling.
Warm Chocolate Cake with Molten Raspberry-Caramel Center
This recipe will serve 12 people. Enjoy!
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
CHOCOLATE CAKE BATTER
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups chopped dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
For Raspberry-Caramel Center:
- Place raspberries in food processor and purée until smooth.
- Melt chopped chocolate in microwave-safe bowl on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Combine sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat and cook until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream and puréed raspberries. Pour over melted chocolate and stir with spatula. Add butter and salt; stir until incorporated.
- Set aside.
For Chocolate Cake Batter:
- Sift powdered sugar, all-purpose flour, and salt into small bowl.
- Melt butter and chopped chocolate in microwave safe bowl on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Whisk eggs and egg yolk in medium bowl and add to chocolate mixture. Add in sifted powdered sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
For Warm Chocolate Cake with Molten Raspberry-Caramel Center:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 1/2 cup muffin tins or aluminum baking cups with unsalted butter.
- Add 1/4 cup of cake batter into each tin. Top with 1 tablespoon of raspberry caramel and another 1/4 cup of chocolate cake batter.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until edges are baked but center is still soft. Rest for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve warm.
Cook’s Note: Serve with vanilla gelato or fresh berries.
Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents.
Please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens.
The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.