One day after announcing the closure of several resort activities and amenities, Aulani has made the decision to close the entire resort and reopen at a later date.
Aulani is the last Disney property in the world to close. Disney parks have been closed for almost one week, and the resorts closed just yesterday.
Aulani announced yesterday that many of the resort activities and amenities would close at the end of the day and reopen on April 1.
Here are the following activities and offerings that closed yesterday:
- KA WA’A Lū’au
- Makahiki –The Bounty of the Islands
- ‘AMA‘AMA – Contemporary Island Cooking
- The ’Ōlelo Room
- Little ‘Opihi’s – Beachside Kiosk
- Aunty’s Beach House
- Laniwai – A Disney Spa
- Painted Sky: HI Style Studio
- Mikimiki Fitness Center
- ‘Ohana movie nights
- Aloha Fun
- Shake-a-Shaka pool party
However, they announced some activities and shops would remain open, with some social distancing modifications.
- Off the Hook and Wailana Pool Bar will be open with no bar seating. The poolside menu will continue to be offered from those locations via takeout service only.
- Kālepa’s Store and Hale Manu boutique will limit the number of people allowed in the stores.
- Pau Hana Room – Community Hall will be open without premium and free programming.
However, just today, Aulani announced they would be temporarily closing the entire resort until March 31.
“In line with state guidance, in an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our Guests and Cast Members, Aulani Resort will close beginning 5:00 pm on Tuesday, March 24 – Tuesday, March 31.”
That gives Guests 3 days to make travel arrangements from the Resort.
So far, Disney has not made any announcements of a new reopening date at any of its parks or resorts. At this time, all are expected to reopen on April 1.
Are you travel plans to Aulani Resort affected by coronavirus and the temporary closure of the resort? Share your thoughts with us on Kenny the Pirate’s facebook page.