Disney has just released details on True Love Week that will be part of its Limited Time Magic series. The events will be held at Walt Disney World from February 11-17, 2013.
Lake Buena Vista, Fla. — Love is in the air at Walt Disney World Resort as fairytale princesses find true love with their princes, and “happily ever after” becomes reality. It all happens during True Love Week February 11-17, 2013 at Walt Disney World Resort.
The weeklong love fest is all part of Limited Time Magic at Disney Parks, where each week in 2013 guests will be treated to a sprinkling of Disney magic where unexpected surprises and delights enhance vacation memories.
During True Love Week, a tapestry of romance is woven throughout the resort — from limited- time Valentine’s merchandise and special entertainment, to romantic dinners for two and new themed photo locations offering greetings with beloved Disney sweethearts – all for a limited-time only.
The weeklong event celebrates the love of friends and family, and invites couples to rekindle the flame. Here is the lineup:
- Romantic Setting: Guests will feel the romance at every turn, as banners proclaiming True Love, heart-shaped signage and sweetheart-themed décor adorn the Magic Kingdom.
- Blushing Castle: At dusk, hues of pink, red, lavender and blue bathe Cinderella Castle with themed lighting synced to a musical melodies adding to the ambiance.
- Dinners for Two: Candlelit dinners for two with prix fixe menus at select restaurants during the most romantic week of the year. Specially-created menus at Artist Point (Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort); The Wave…of American Flavors (Disney’s Contemporary Resort); Hollywood Brown Derby (Disney’s Hollywood Studios); Yachtsman Steakhouse (Disney’s Yacht Club Resort) make an ideal setting for a romantic evening. To book visit Disneyworld.com or call 407/WDW-DINE.
- Valentine’s-themed Takeaways: Limited-edition pins, plushes, newly-designed apparel and Vinylmations available at select merchandise locations.
- Royal Gathering: The rare opportunity to get a photo with Disney Princes as they escort their Princesses to enchanting character greeting locations.
- In Town Square Theater you may find Mickey and Minnie, Aurora with Phillip or Rapunzel and Flynn. Mary Poppins joins Bert in Fantasyland, while Prince Naveen and Princess Tiana (I guess all day because he already meets with her in the evenings) meet guests in the Enchanted Glade in Liberty Square.
Romantic Photo Locations in Magic Kingdom with your Sweetie:
- Carriage Awaits: New Fantasyland invites lovers to create memories alongside Cinderella’s Glass Coach situated by the new Castle wall for True Love Week.
- Wishes Come True: Hearts and flowers enhance Cinderella’s Wishing Well creating the perfect backdrop for a cherished moment.
- Rose Walk: The Rose Garden in Central Plaza is all decked out with enchanting decor.
Romantic Touches: Long stem roses, chocolate covered strawberries, the finest champagne, or scattered rose petals create a romantic scene for lovebirds, all available through the Disney florist at www.disneyflorist.com.
Elegant Oasis for Relaxation: An aromatherapy couples’ massage is just the escape after a day with the kids in the theme park. Couples’ massages are available at the newly opened, full-service Senses, A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
Perfectly Princess: Join your prince for the ultimate fairytale come true with a customized Disney wedding or honeymoon getaway. More than 1,000 couples get married, or renew their wedding vows in romantic settings in various locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort every year. Visit DisneyWeddings.com for more information.
Disneyland Park in California will celebrate True Love week with similar in-park offerings. Visit Disneyland.com for updates.
But that doesn’t mean they won’t throw in last-minute surprises at the other parks.
If the other parks don’t partake in that event, let’s hope that Pocahontas & John Smith and Mulan & Shang will make a temporary surprise visit to MK for the True Love week.
I hope that it will be similar to how they didn’t actually announce ALL of the specific long lost friends in advance. It really would seem silly to leave out the princes for Cinderella and Snow White. And even Ariel for that matter.
My gut feeling is that Eric won’t appear because Ariel is in fin form in the Grotto.
Eric appeared with Ariel in her fin form in the past, such as when the now-defunct Pirate & Princess Parties were in their initial run in early 2007.
Also, let’s hope that John Smith will join Pocahontas at Animal Kingdom and that Shang will join Mulan at Epcot for the week if they end up not getting to put in a temporary visit to MK for the week.
All I’ve heard is that the same ones that appear at the halloween and christmas party would appear. I wouldn’t hold out too much hope for the others.
According to the press release it will take place at MK, there’s no mention of the other parks.
We are going to be in WDW Feb. 3rd-8th. There will be no limited time magic for us? That is so sad!
No guarantees, but doesn’t look promising at this point.
Hi Kenny! Just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the info on your blog! Because of your information I was able to effectively get my kids to all the Long Lost Friends meet and greets. I originally went Tuesday at 3:30pm after picking the kids up from school, I went straight to guest services and asked where all the characters would be, she pointed me out front, I went to get in line only to be turned away. I tried another line and same thing and they told me they weren’t bringing them back out. I went back to guest services to ask what the schedule would be and was told they were pulling them off at 4 pm, I said I already knew that and would like to know a schedule for Wednesday. She said she did not have a schedule. I was very frustrated, I mean they announced it all over their Web pages, Facebook pages, ect. but never gave a time it just said come Jan 21-27 to see these “Long Lost Characters” so one could only assume arriving at 3:30 in the afternoon the characters would be out…..but no and noone I spoke to could give me info. So frustrating!! So I get home and checked your blog (WHICH I SHOULD HAVE DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE!) and you were on top of it!! You had all the info I needed. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
You’re welcome Kelly, sorry for your frustration.
Flynn, Phillip, and Bert. That’s it? I thought they were bringing out ALL the princes. What about Snow White and Cinderella? Are they celebrating Valentine’s day alone this year?
I don’t know at this time. Don’t see why Cinderella’s Prince (Charming) isn’t included in their list. He was out for all the parties as well as Snow Prince. Maybe they will “surprise” everyone.
Um, didn’t they skip a time period in there? Any word what they are doing in between the super deluxe, oh so awesome logo voting and the love fest? I do wish we could be there to see Bert with Mary!
Doesn’t look promising in that empty week if they are trying to excite media with Flynn, Phillip, Bert and the coach.