I’m not sure who is excited about the “Grand Opening” of New Fantasyland at this point because some elements have been available for weeks or even months. Perhaps you haven’t had a chance to see the amazing new areas, I’m not negating that. However, I would AVOID the MAGIC KINGDOM at all costs on December 6 just because many people will attend just for the “Grand Opening”. Many people will want to be in the Park on the 6th for the “Grand Opening” and it’s an Extra Magic Hour day which automatically increases crowd sizes. Park operations will change dramatically for the two days of this event. If you can visit the Magic Kingdom December 7th or after, do so. Operations will return to normal and lines will as well. Disney is stating that New Fantasyland is closed on December 5th and that it will be open at 8:00am for Extra Magic Hours on the 6th.
Crowds may be lighter than normal on December 5th, but some things are closed and others close early.
Here’s some of what you can expect those days.
- Magic Kingdom operating hours are from 9:00-7:00
- The Enchanted Forest area closed to guests all day.
- Storybook Circus will only be open from 9:00-3:00
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic will be CLOSED.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and the Carrousel will only be open from 9:00-6:00
- Wishes will be offered at 6:00pm. (Great view of this early show from the Polynesian beach!)
- Magic Kingdom operating hours are from 9:00-7:00 (8:00 am opening for Resort Guests with Extra Magic Hours priveledges, creating a bigger unnecessary mess).
- Grand Opening Ceremony to be held on the Castle Stage at 10:00am.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant will be CLOSED ALL DAY
- The Enchanted Forest and Storybook Circus are said to open for guests at 8am for morning Extra Magic Hours.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is 7:00pm to 12:00am (Could this party become a sell out?)