Canada tops EPCOT’s Festival Booths, including their new star, Beef Bourguignon. Check out the at-home recipe here.
This year, Beef Bourguignon debuted at Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays. Although it’s hard for guests to choose from the diverse menu, this dish quickly became another winner for Canada.
Yukon Holiday Kitchen
Offered at Yukon Holiday Kitchen near the Canada pavilion, this hearty classic dish has it all. Diners delight their palates with fork-tender beef brisket complimented with bacon-infused wine sauce over crushed buttery red potatoes. My mouth’s already watering!
EPCOT chefs shared this delicious recipe and report that its one of their favorite dishes.
Beef Bourguignon Ingredients
- tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces smoked bacon, diced
- 3 pounds beef brisket, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces, or stew meat
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- white onion, diced
- large carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- pound crimini mushrooms, quartered
- tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups red wine (Merlot, Pinot Noir, or Chianti)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 12 small fresh or frozen pearl onions, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, divided
Crushed Red Skinned Potatoes Ingredients
- tablespoon salt, plus more, to taste
- 3 pounds red-skinned potatoes, washed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- White pepper, to taste
Beef Bourguignon Directions
- Heat butter and bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium heat and cook until bacon until crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Pat beef dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Sear in Dutch oven with butter and bacon fat, 1-2 minutes per side, until browned. Remove from pan with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, and mushrooms and sauté 6 minutes. Remove from stove when vegetables begin to soften. Stir in rosemary and thyme.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes, until paste begins to caramelize, but does not burn.
- Return beef and bacon to pan. Add flour and stir constantly for 5 minutes. Add wine, beef broth, and vinegar and stir to deglaze pot. Add pearl onions and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours until meat is tender and sauce is thickened. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
Red Skinned Crushed Potatoes Directions
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the potatoes and boil for 10-15 minutes, until soft. Drain potatoes.
- Return potatoes to pot and mash with a hand masher or electric mixer until just broken. Add butter, sour cream, vinegar, and mash until potatoes are mashed, but still lumpy.
- Season with additional salt and white pepper, to taste.
Divide potatoes into bowls. Ladle beef bourguignon on top of potatoes and garnish with remaining chopped parsley. This dish serves 6 people. For a printable version of this recipe, go here.
Hopefully you’ll try this fabulous recipe. We would love to hear your thoughts if you’ve tasted it at the Festival of the Holidays or plan to make it at home. Please comment below or on our KtP Facebook Page.