Due to forecasted cool weather, Blizzard Beach will not be open to guests for a few days. Read on for dates affected and more details.
The weather has been pretty warm in Orlando, Florida for this time of year. Yes, it’s Florida so it’s not totally unusual for you to be able to swim at the resorts of at the two Disney water parks: Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.
Last weekend, the Marathon course was cut short due to the heat and humidity. Disney was concerned about runners’ safety. You can read more about Marathon Weekend from the perspective of someone who ran HERE.
So, the weather has taken a turn for the cooler, and Blizzard Beach will be closed for a few days, again, for guest safety.
Blizzard Beach is currently under refurbishment and will reopen tomorrow. However, due to the forecasted weather, it will be closed on January 20 and January 21.
Typhoon Lagoon is currently open through this weekend and will be closing for refurbishment beginning Monday. So, if you were planning to enjoy a water park during your stay early next week, both will be closed.
Are you dreaming of hot weather? Like the kind of weather where all you want to do is enjoy the water park? How about a cool party at Typhoon Lagoon this summer?
H2O Glow Nights are returning to Typhoon Lagoon in 2020! Guests with a ticket can enter the park as early as 6:00 pm and start experiencing the fun two hours before the park closes to regular daytime guests.
Then, at 8:00 pm, Typhoon Lagoon closes and the real fun begins! Here is what you will find at the H2O Glow Nights party:
- Glow-rious lighting effects and décor throughout the water park
- A DJ dance party on the sandy beaches of the Surf Pool
- Toy Story-themed activities and Character Greetings
- A tempting selection of limited-time, event-themed food and beverage specialties
- The Wharf—an adults-only retreat for Guests 21 and over, featuring live entertainment and a cocktail bar with a bevy of refreshing beverage for purchase
- An oh-so flashin’-able souvenir glow wristband
- Low wait times for all attractions
More details for this fun glow-in-the-dark party, including dates and pricing, can be found HERE.
Did you have plans to enjoy Blizzard Beach this coming week? What are your plans now? Let us know on the facebook page.