Rivers of Light Dining Package info. Read this and share.
People are claiming that Rivers of Light wont open and the Dining Package won’t be released until May1, 2017, but the Disney Dining page (link no longer works) basically just repeated the info that was listed in April 2016. At that time the package was supposed to release May 2016. That’s why it left off Tiffins (it wasn’t open yet) Blogs are claiming that this is BREAKING or EVIDENCE that the show begins May 1, 2017. The dining page just says May 1. It doesn’t say 2017.
Here’s the actual text from the page linked above:
Relish one of 3 (KtP – but you’ll notice 2 listed below) delectable dining experiences before watching the Rivers of Light show under the stars.
Savor a mouthwatering meal and score premium seats to the riveting Rivers of Light show!
Pick your pleasure! Enjoy a delicious feast at participating restaurants in Disney’s Animal Kingdom park and experience the beauty of the nighttime spectacular, Rivers of Light—a dazzling light and water show celebrating the magic of nature.
Included in Each Rivers of Light Dining Package:
- Meal selection from a menu or buffet from one of 3 participating restaurants, plus a non-alcoholic beverage
- Premium seating for Rivers of Light show
Compare Participating Restaurants
Tusker House Restaurant
- Graze on a bountiful buffet brimming with African flavors at Tusker House in Harambe. Please note: While this dining package is available for all meal periods, Guests must dine no later than 2 hours and thirty minutes prior to showtime.
- Rivers of Light Dining Package Prices (Dine Plan Eligible)
Breakfast, starting at:
$23.00 children ages 3 to 9
Lunch/Dinner, starting at:
$30.00 children ages 3 to 9
Flame Tree Barbeque
- Dine underneath an intricately carved wood pavilion surrounded by lush greenery. Select an entrée, 3 sides and a dessert off a tempting menu featuring American favorites. Please note: While this dining package is available starting at 2:30 PM, Guests must dine no later than one hour and 15 minutes prior to showtime.
- Rivers of Light Dining Package Prices (Quick-Service Dining Plan Ineligible)
$11.99 children ages 3 to 9
Please Note: Listed dining package excludes tax, park admission, gratuity and alcohol. The preferred Rivers of Light seating area is separate from the dining location.
Rivers of Light Dining Packages are available beginning May 1. Advance reservations for the Rivers of Light Dining Package are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit.
The only fact that I do know for certain is that the Cast Members who provide seating assistance were recently training overnight for several nights. Disney has made no announcement concerning the opening of this long-delayed show.
KtP – Perhaps it will open then, who knows? But to present it as fact, when it doesn’t say that is a reach. Here’s hoping they have it working for the busy holiday period from Thanksgiving through New Years!