Magic Kingdom updates August 2016 park hours
Overnight the Magic Kingdom park hours were adjusted significantly for the period of August 1 through 27. It appears that the crowds that weren’t coming to Walt Disney World in June are increasing for mid-July through most of August and Disney in turn increased park hours for Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios to accommodate the increasing crowds.
If you’ve already chosen to travel to Walt Disney World, I wouldn’t be concerned if you follow these basic guidelines:
- Arrive 30 minutes or more before rope drop and visit some of the best rides with no wait.
- Use Fastpass+ well. Book some Fastpass+ and use the Disney app to choose 4th and subsequent Fastpass+. If you’ve not been able to find Fastpass for something you desire, check again now.
- Use a good Touring Plan. Those who have a plan rarely wait in long lines.
- Use the later hours. With the Magic Kingdom staying open later or opening earlier, you’ll be far ahead by using those hours and taking a break or visiting air conditioned attractions in the afternoon like:
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Hall of Presidents
- Carousel of Progress
- Mickey’s Philharmagic
- Ride the Peoplemover for a nice breeze
- Visit air conditioned meet and greets