Walt Disney World releases “Frozen Summer Fun Live” details at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney officially released some details today about the Frozen Summer Fun Live event at Hollywood Studios that had been rumored for quite some time.
The only real changes from last year’s offering is the addition of Olaf’s Summer Cool Down and the deletion of Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post and Skating Rink. The For the First Time inf Forever: A Frozen Sing-a-long will relocate from the Premier Theater in the back of the park to the newly named Hyperion Theater, where American Idol used to be held in the center of the park.
The Frozen Royal Welcome parade will take place twice daily allowing more guests to enjoy the experience without being as congested in the parade route. The new Center Stage area in front of the Chinese Theater (Great Movie Ride) will be completed by June 17, which could explain why the event was delayed to begin until mid-June.
Frozen Summer Fun Live will run daily from June 17 through September 7, 2015 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and is included with your daily park admission.
Here’s a rundown of the events.
- Frozen Royal Welcome – Twice each day, Anna, Elsa and Kristoff take part in a festive cavalcade throughout Hollywoodland, accompanied by the Royal Arendelle Flag Corps and a flurry of skaters, skiiers and ice cutters – along with lovable snowman, Olaf. Anna leads the procession in a beautiful horse-drawn sleigh, with Elsa gliding by on a stunning, ice palace float. The entire procession pauses twice along the route in tribute to these visitors from Arendelle, as everyone in Hollywoodland is invited to join in singing “Let It Go!”
- For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration – Just in time for this year’s “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE event, this popular show moves into the beautiful Hyperion Theater (formerly Superstar Television Theater), located right in the heart of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The Royal Historians of Arendelle host a fun and comedic retelling of the unique story of their kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen,” plus all-new in-theater effects and special appearances by Anna, Elsa and Kristoff.
- Olaf’s Summer Cool Down – Several times each day, the Ambassador of Hollywoodland brings Olaf and some of his friends to the Event Stage to have a little fun with everyone “In Summer.” And as temperatures heat up, Olaf happily shares a burst from his personal snow cloud to cool things off.
- “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Once the sun goes down, a dance party takes over the area around the Event Stage, with DJ Chill and some of your favorite Disney characters. Using a special event hashtag, you can share song requests and photos over social media, to be featured onscreen during the party.
- “Frozen” Fireworks – As the night comes to a close, Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf come together at the Event Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen” and, of course, a flurry of snow! (I’ve added the Frozen Fireworks to my Crowd Calendars)
What do you think about the 2015 Frozen Summer Fun Live offering?
Be sure to share with your friends below!