Our favorite pal, who is full of wisdom and full of hunny, from the Hundred Acre Wood is back to greeting guests at the UK Pavilion at Epcot!
The new “Adventurers Outpost” character location in the former Beastly Bazaar building should open ‘this spring’ according to Disney. It will be the new home for Mickey and Minnie and should be Fastpass+ equipped when that system rolls out fully. It will enable guests to meet Mickey and Minnie with a shorter wait, AIR CONDITIONING and a one-stop-shop. The “Adventurers Outpost” will be located on Discovery Island near the exit of It’s Tough to be a Bug and just before the bridge that leads to Asia. It’s not confirmed, but I would guess that the photos would be with Mickey and Minnie together in one shot like they used to do at Town Square Theater.
Here’s how Disney describes the new meet and greet location: “The all-new Adventurers Outpost on Discovery Island is home base for your globetrotting Disney pals, where they meet friends old and new, as they get ready to set off on their next adventure. Adventurers Outpost is a gathering place, where explorers might come together to share tales from their expeditions around the world. This new, indoor retreat is the perfect spot for meeting Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.”
Pocahontas recently moved to
Bradley Falls, she is back in CAMP MINNIE MICKEY, which really makes NO sense because she belongs in Camp and Louie and Baloo belong in Africa. Someone in Synergy must have missed that detail?
There’s no word on costume changes, but it would be nice to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy get some new threads to match their new accommodations.
|Animal Kingdom Plans||Epcot Plans||Hollywood Studios Plans||Magic Kingdom Plans|
|Epcot Character Touring Plans|
|Princess Plan||Female Characters||Male Characters||“Furs” Plan|
The purpose of this plan is to meet every MALE character available in Epcot.
Click on a character’s name to see character photo, map, interaction tips and trivia.
EPCOT Male Character Plan
|Pluto||Entrance (right side)|
|Mickey, Goofy||Character Spot|
|Chip n Dale||Outside Innoventions West|
|Duffy||World Showcase Plaza|
|Aladdin & Jasmine||Morrocco|
|Tigger & Winnie the Pooh||UK inside Toy Shoppe|
Update: Pooh characters remain in their place and Camp Minnie Mickey will stay at least until Fall 2013
Rumors have been that Winnie the Pooh an the Hundred Acre Wood characters will be removed from the Animal Kingodm. This move is to provide space for some of the characters from Camp Minnie Mickey while the new Bazaar area is being constructed.
- Marie will definitely move to Magic Kingom.
- Beast has been heavily rumored to be removed from Epcot but the date is unconfirmed (plausible)
- Stitch will need to move or be removed at some point to make room for construction to begin on the new Epcot Character Spot, which is right behind where these characters currently meet.
- Mrs. Incredible will be retired from the scheduled meet at Magic of Animation. Mr. Incredible will then meet only with Frozone.
- Winnie the Pooh will definitely leave the Magic of Animation in order for the area to be remodeled into Wreck-it Ralph’s new meet area. Rumors have it that Winnie and the gang might be leaving the park, but that is unconfirmed (but highly plausible). It is known that two character attendant positions will be cut from the next budget, so the assumption is that it is the Pooh characters that are being cut. Stitch would make good sense to me, because he is the least popular of all the hat characters.
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow will begin soft openings. Daisy, Minnie, Goofy and Donald will relocate to join the circus and take on all new costumes in this brand-new indoor character meet area.
- Marie the cat will relocate from France in Epcot to the Magic Kingdom flag pole. She will take Daisy’s vacant spot and meet next to Pluto.
- Prince Eric will be retired from the schedule and will no longer meet at the Adventueland Verandah. Ariel will continue to meet alone until she moves to her new Grotto and takes on fins again.
- Chip n Dale will move from Tomorrowland to Frontierland to fill Donald’s vacant spot.
- At this point it appears that Goofy’s spot at Pirates of the Caribbean may go unfilled.
Beast (Dinner only Be Our Guest) and Gaston (regular in park meets) will be added to New Fantasyland once the area opens to guests in November.
There could be additional changes coming to which I’m not privy