Disney vacations are all the more fun when there are unique activities to explore! See what’s coming soon to Disney World.
Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment team leads the way in providing best-in-class animal care, connects guests to nature and engages in scientific programs focused on conserving wildlife in Disney’s backyard and beyond while inspiring all individuals to care for wildlife and wild places through everyday actions.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park will celebrate its 25th anniversary this Earth Day. Since it opened in 1998, this one-of-a-kind theme park has embraced the magic of nature by offering awe-inspiring animal encounters and thrilling attractions.
In April, there will be a number of new ways to join in the celebration for Earth Day and this milestone, including new sweet and savory treats, specialty merchandise, limited-time character sightings, and a National Geographic photo spot at the entrance of the park in celebration of the second season of “Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom” on Disney+.
Let’s take a look at all the unique activities you will love!
Animation Experience at Conservation Station
Let your creativity shine—no matter your skill level—as a real Disney animator offers step-by-step instructions on how to illustrate your own version of a popular Disney character. Featured characters change periodically, so you can keep adding to your art collection!
This April, as part of the Disney Earth Day Celebration, you may learn to draw characters like Dumbo, Terk from Tarzan, Crush or Bruce from Finding Nemo, Tigger from Winnie the Pooh or Simba from The Lion King!
Learn more about the Animation Experience from Donna right here.
Special Wilderness Explorers Badge
By completing activities like animal observation and learning wilderness skills, you can collect over 25 badges on your way to becoming an official Wilderness Explorer! And from April 16 through April 23, experience a limited-time activity that lets you earn a special nature badge!
Your kids will love the Wilderness Explorer program. To learn more about it, click here.
Character Experiences and Entertainment
Mickey, Minnie and Scrooge McDuck are just some of the Disney Characters to be found on flotillas along the Discovery River in Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park. Plus, from April 16 through 23, there will be unique Character appearances on the Discovery River Character Cruise—so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for these and additional Character experiences and sightings.
You also won’t want to miss a very special moment in front of the Tree of Life on April 22, honoring Earth Day and the 25th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park.
- Magic Shots – Have a Disney PhotoPass photographer add a special effect to your photos, including ones created to celebrate Earth Day.
- WALL-E Photo Ops – Ask a Disney PhotoPass photographer about enhancing your photo with a special effect inspired by WALL-E, in addition to a delightful, new WALL-E Disney PhotoPass Lens.
- Recycled Material Photo Ops – In honor of Earth Day, strike a pose with fun props made from 100% recycled materials.
- National Geographic Photo Frame – Snap a pic with a National Geographic photo frame, found outside the main entrance to Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park.
- Earth Day 2023 LE Trading Pin – Don’t miss this limited-edition pin, available beginning April 4 (while supplies last). Hint: it’s Bambi themed!
- 25th Anniversary Merchandise – Special commemorative items will be available at Island Mercantile, Discovery Trading Company and Mombasa Marketplace, starting on April 21.
Beginning April 7, you can test your command of interesting facts about Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park and its 25th anniversary. So get ready to download the Play Disney app and let the fun begin!
Will you be at Animal Kingdom for Earth Month? Let us know in the comments below and share this post with a friend who will also be there!