The Candlelight Processional is a beautiful retelling of the Nativity Story. Disney recently announced the list, but now there is a change up.
You’ll love celebrating this holiday season with songs at the “Candlelight Processional,” returning to the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth starting November 25.
This time-honored tradition has been a part of the holiday season at Walt Disney World since its opening in 1971. Guests absolutely love experiencing the celebrity narrators, the Voices of Liberty a cappella ensemble, a 50-piece live orchestra and glorious massed choirs as they present a heartwarming retelling of the traditional Christmas story.
Here is the list of narrators
- 11/25 – 11/26: Simu Liu (NEW)
- 11/27 – 11/29: Edward James Olmos
- 11/30 – 12/1: Raul Esparza (NEW)
- 12/2 – 12/3: Whoopi Goldberg
- 12/4 – 12/6: Isabella Rossellini
- 12/7 – 12/9: Daymond John (NEW)
- 12/10 – 12/12: Josh Gad (NEW)
- 12/13 – 12/14: Gloria Estefan (NEW)
- 12/15 – 12/18: Neil Patrick Harris
- 12/19 – 12/20: Mariska Hargitay (NEW)
- 12/21 – 12/23: Cal Ripken Jr.
- 12/24 – 12/26: Marie Osmond
- 12/27 – 12/28: Courtney Vance
- 12/29 – 12/30: Angela Bassett
Edward James Olmos was set to narrate the story on November 27, 28, and 29. Now, Chita Rivera will take his place instead. If you have plans to attend this show and maybe even have a dining package booked, be aware of this change. Some people love to see the narrators while others are there more for the story and experience.
However, that may not be the only change this year. We also shard a few weeks ago Disney may be looking to change pieces of the show. Those changes may included new songs, new narration, and a reduced Hallelujah chorus.
Chita Rivera replaces Edward James Olmos from November 27-29, 2022.
Are you attending the Candlelight Processional on any of those evenings? What do you think of the change? Let us know in the comments below and on social media.