Disney is hiring Cast Members to be fully immersed in Star Wars experiences every day. Check out how to apply.
Are you a Star Wars fan looking for a new career? If you love Star Wars and Disney, you may just want to check out this brand-new opportunity. Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Resort is scheduled to begin transporting guests from Walt Disney World to a galaxy far, far away in 2021.
Star Wars fans climb aboard the Galactic Starcruiser Hotel for the ride of their life! Disney gives guests a totally immersive vacation including a two-night, cruise-style itinerary.
Here, guests become the hero of their own adventure in an experience that surrounds guests in Star Wars storytelling 24 hours a day! Wouldn’t this be a wonderful career?
Beginning at the Starcruiser Terminal, guests will enter an exclusive launch pod for travel up to the Halcyon, guest’s very own Starcruiser! A “spaceport of call” to Black Spire Outpost is included in each itinerary. Check out sneak peek of this new resort here.
Then, guests will be transported to Batuu (Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge). When traveling between Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, guests will remain completely immersed in the experience for the entire stay. What a fun career opportunity to transport guests in their own Star Wars stories!
Check out how to make reservations later this year here.
Disney is searching for a Star Wars Hotel Services Director. As a Hotel Services Director, Cast Members will implement a unique immersive two-night experience. Also, a passion for bringing ideas to life, creativity, and valuing a non-traditional work environment is essential.
Finally, applicants must balance traditional hotel experience with immersive entertainment in this unique position.
- Provide operational leadership for the end to end Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser experience
- Lead a unique immersive experience by using strategic support partnerships and integration to provide an exceptional level of service to Guests
- Develop high performance teams focused on achieving operational, financial, creative, and performance metrics
- Communicate with Entertainment and Cast Members to keep experiences on schedule while directing social and technical aspects of the operation
- Promote Guest and Cast satisfaction to include show quality, safety, efficiency and productivity
- Focus on anticipating diverse needs of our global consumers and ability to translate these needs into highly relevant and meaningful Guest experiences
- Provide inspiring leadership and direction for environment, conservation, safety and social responsibility programs
- Improve customer service by performing metric validations, reviewing training program effectiveness and adjusting for operational nuance
- Inspire our Cast to exceed Guest expectations every day
- Focus and further develop overall Entertainment show quality standards with the operational areas to ensure ongoing show quality is maintained
- Manage financial planning and budget tracking for areas of responsibility, working with Producers and Production Managers on assigned projects
- Be the central filtering point for all creative input from project team members and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders on creative issues by providing detailed information related to the operational impact of creative directives
- Oversee the quality of all offerings and ensure consistency of delivery regarding entertainment elements
- In addition, maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in entertainment and hospitality in a resort or cruise environment
- Business and strategic focus needed to achieve targeted results
- Experience delivering operational excellence and leading businesses to high financial performance
- Capability to recognize, retain and invest in the development of talent and satisfaction of the teams by inspiring, increasing engagement and promoting collaboration
- Advanced skills using operational and logistics data to influence business decisions
- Holistic perspective to understand client needs and develop creative ideas to meet business objectives
- Capability to share communication across teams to ensure everyone understands updates, priorities and appropriate course of escalation
- Commitment to diversity and building an inclusive work environment
- Creativity to find solutions in new ways and anticipate opportunities
- Advance skills prioritizing and managing projects and deadlines amidst constant change
- In addition, flexible availability is a must
Applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Entertainment or have similar experience. In addition, having hotel and entertainment experience is a must.
To apply for the Hotel Services Director position, follow this link. Check the job posting site for additional Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Cast Member positions!
Each Starcruiser detail makes this one-of-a-kind experience more exciting! What are your thoughts on working here? Please let us know on the KtP Facebook Page.