Like many of you, I am quite the avid lover of magic bands. However, I’m not sure I would pay this much for a set of them! What about you?
Limited Edition NBA Magic Band Collection
Years ago, I made the switch from using the solid colored bands that are provided when booking a Walt Disney World vacation package to purchasing more decorative magic bands.
However, what is the most that you would spend on a magic band?
Currently, the NBA Limited Edition Magic Band box set is now taking pre-orders for a brand new magic band collection.
Each set includes 24 magic bands.
Each magic band represents one of the 22 NBA teams that played during the “bubble” at Walt Disney World. The two extra bands are a “Make History and NBA Finals” magic bands.
The limited edition magic bands are inspired by the players themselves who wore them throughout their stay on Disney World property during the tournament this summer.
Edition size is 2,020. Not sure if that was on purpose or not…
Now, are you ready for the price?
The collection costs $595.00.
When you break the cost down, the cost per band comes out to $24.79.
Description of Collection
Created especially for Walt Disney World Resort
- Includes 24 different MagicBand 2 designs in all!
- 22 standard MagicBand 2 designs featuring the logo of each participating team, inspired by those worn by the NBA players. Teams include: Washington Wizards, Toronto Raptors, Orlando Magic, Portland Trail Blazers, Indiana Pacers, San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets, Philadelphia 76ers, Memphis Grizzlies, Oklahoma City Thunder, Miami Heat, Sacramento Kings, New Orleans Pelicans, Milwaukee Bucks, Boston Celtics, LA Clippers, Utah Jazz, Dallas Mavericks, Brooklyn Nets, Denver Nuggets, and Phoenix Suns*
- One standard ”Make History” MagicBand 2 design featuring Mickey Mouse icon and four park icons of the Walt Disney World Resort*
- One standard ”NBA Finals” MagicBand 2 design featuring gold artwork and the logo for winning team of the NBA Championship (TBD)*
- Comes in collector’s presentation box with window display and ”Legends Play Here – Walt Disney World” logo*
- Inspired by the NBA Experience at Disney Springs*
- Part of the Disney Parks NBA Experience Collection
When placing your pre-order on ShopDisney.com, it notes that quantity is limited to 2 guests and that orders will expect to be available by November 2, 2020.
This would allow plenty of time to produce the “NBA Finals” magic band design as the tournament is still occurring. We do not know the winning team of the NBA Championship yet!
Would You Purchase?
Lastly, if you are an NBA fan, do not forget to purchase more NBA merchandise that is available on shopDisney.com.
Would you purchase this limited edition set yourself for $600? I personally am not a fan of the NBA, but I can say that if the same collection was provided for Disney attractions or characters, I might considerate it! But then again, do I really need 24 of them?