Do you love re-creating your favorite Disney recipes at home? Disney’s latest cookbook titled “Deliciously Disney: The Fresh Edition” allows you to do just that. They’ve also shared a creamy pudding type desert recipe for White Chocolate Budino.
We love our Disney snacks! Desserts are an extra fun treat to enjoy at Disney. What’s your favorite Disney dessert? Read more to see how to purchase Disney’s most recent cookbook, and create a tasty dessert now.
Recipe from Trattoria al Forno
Of all the wonderful recipes in their newest cookbook, they chose to preview Roasted White Chocolate Budino from Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas. This rich, creamy dessert served with amaretti cookies is surprisingly simple to make!
A fellow writer, Monica, and myself recently dined at Trattoria al Forno for breakfast and dinner. It was amazing, and we highly recommend giving it a try. Read the full Trattoria al Forno review here.
Deliciously Disney: The Fresh Edition Cookbook
Disney’s cookbook is authored by Pam Brandon as well as many other Disney Chefs. Delicious Disney: The Fresh Edition Cookbook can be purchased at Disneyland and Disney World Resorts! The recipes are all from Disney Parks and Disney Cruise Ships.
Recipes are categorized into starters, main dishes and sides, and sweets. I cannot wait to buy it!
Roasted White Chocolate Budino from Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas
- 1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope powdered gelatin
- cup whole milk, divided
- cup, plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- teaspoon light corn syrup
Amaretti Cookies (Makes 2 1/2 Dozen Cookies)
- 1/2 cup, plus 3 tablespoons almond paste
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
Directions: For Budino:
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place white chocolate chips in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and stir. Cook for an additional 30 to 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Color should be medium caramel. Using a rubber spatula, scrape chocolate into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of milk in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup milk, heavy cream, and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in the gelatin/milk mixture, whisking until fully dissolved.
- Pour hot cream mixture over roasted chocolate, whisking to combine.
- Divide evenly among 6 serving bowls. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
For Amaretti Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat almond paste with electric mixer until crumbly.
- Beat in egg whites until mixture is smooth. Sift in powdered sugar and all-purpose flour, beating just until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir in almond flour with a wooden spoon. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Use water to lightly wet scoop before working the dough. Scoop rounded teaspoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies rise, crack slightly, and are golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from baking sheet with a thin metal spatula. Store in an airtight container.
To Serve: Top each Budino serving with an Amaretti Cookie, whipped cream, and a cherry.
Have you purchased a Disney cookbook? If so, what is your favorite recipe to make at home? Do you plan to purchase this cookbook? Please share your thoughts with us on Facebook or in the comments below.