I just love seeing all of the fun recipes Disney has been sharing during these uncertain times, and the recipe they shared today already has my mouth watering. I am tempted to make this dish right away because it is so good!
Today, Disney has shared the recipe for the famous Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup from Epcot. If you have visited Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada pavilion, chances are you have probably tasted the delicious soup.
The soup is a perfect dish to have when you are in need of some good tasting comfort food and we could all use some comfort right now.
Take a look at the recipe below. For a print-at-home version, go here!
Here is a tip that fellow KtP writer, Christina received from one of the chefs at Le Cellier! Use the brand, black diamond for the cheddar cheese and moosehead for the beer. The brands make all the difference!
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1/2 pound of bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups milk
- 1 pound white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Coarse salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup warm Canadian golden lager or any pale lager-style beer
- Chopped scallions or chives, for garnish
- In a 4-5 quart Dutch oven, cook bacon, stirring, over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add red onion, celery, and butter and sauté until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes over medium heat. Whisk in chicken stock and bring to boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not boil after milk is added.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, Tabasco sauce, Worchestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Blend with immersion blender until cheese is melted and soup is smooth. Stir in warm beer. If the soup is too thick, thin with some warm milk.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with chopped scallions or chives.
We hope you are enjoying the recipes that the Disney Parks are sharing. Have you made any of the recipes they have recently shared? Tell us about it in the comments or on our Facebook page and let us know how they have turned out! You can also share your pictures and reviews with us in the crew on Facebook.