When my family and I visited Animal Kingdom in December of 2018, Disney Parks had announced the brand new, and limited time, of enjoying the various cuisines around Disney’s Animal Kingdom park. This self mini-food festival has become so popular that it has been offered on several occassions and just this morning, Disney Parks Blog introduced its return for the Winter 2019 Tasting Sampler back in Animal Kingdom Park.
The sampler will go on sale tomorrow, Oct. 8, and costs $50. It includes two digital value cards: one $50 card that can be used at over 40 outdoor food and beverage locations throughout the park (and does not expire), and a bonus $10 card that can be used at the following quick-service restaurants after 4pm from December 22, 2019 through January 4, 2020: Restaurantosaurus (DinoLand U.S.A), Pizzafari and Pizzafari Family-Style Dining (Discovery Island), Flame Tree Barbecue (Discovery Island), and Satu’li Canteen (Pandora – The World of Avatar).
In addition, with each $50 card purchased, you will receive two (2) reserved seats for the second showing of Rivers of Light: We are One (which must be redeemed between December 22, 2019 and January 4, 2020).
Kusafiri Bakery (Africa)
- Curry Trio with Shrimp, Chicken, and Vegetable Curries
Caravan Road (Asia)
- Ginger Slaw Dog
- Char Siu Pork with Sticky Rice
Mr. Kamal’s (Asia)
- Fried Chicken Dumplings
- Kamal’s Fries with Dipping Sauces
Trilo-Bites (DinoLand U.S.A.)
- Buffalo Chicken Chips
- Peppermint Cookies and Cream Sundae
- Bugs ‘n Grubs Cone
- Scrooge McDuck’s Billionaire Bacon Caramel Sundae
- Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Dino-Bite Snacks (DinoLand U.S.A.)
- Terra Treats (Discovery Island)
- Tomato and Cheese Pizza
- Seasonal Specialty Pizza
- Smiling Crocodile (Discovery Island)
- Pulled Pork Jelly Donut Slider
- Pulled Pork Street Taco
- Tamale with Tomatillo Sauce, Red Chile Sauce, and a Jalapeño Cream Sauce
Additional Participating Carts and Kiosks
- Mahindi (popcorn, glazed nuts, beer)
- Tamu Tamu Refreshments (Simba Sunset, Simba Ice Cream Sandwich, Pineapple Dole Whip Cup, ice cream treats, beer)
- Dawa Bar (specialty beverages, cocktails, beer)
- Harambe Fruit Market (fruit, pretzels, grilled corn with African spices)
- Warung Outpost (pretzels, chips, margaritas)
- Drinkwallah (nuts, chips, frozen beverages)
- Chakranadi (pretzels, nuts, beer, fountain beverages)
- Anandapur Ice Cream Treats (Forbidden Mountain Cone, soft-serve ice cream treats, fountain beverages)
- Thirsty River Bar & Trek Snacks (Pumpkin Spice Pretzel, popcorn, ice cream treats, pretzels, cocktails, beer)
- Snack Cart near UP! A Great Bird Adventure (ice cream treats)
- Dino Diner (chips and queso, chili cheese dog, corn chip pie, churros, beer)
- Corn-ivores (popcorn, bottled beverages)
- Feeding Ground (popcorn, frozen lemonade, beer)
- Eight Spoon Café (macaroni and cheese with pulled pork or shrimp, pretzels)
- Isle of Java (coffee, pastries, chocolate donut holes)
- Snack Cart near Tiffins Restaurant (all-beef hot dogs, ice cream treats)
- Pandora – The World of Avatar
- Pongu Pongu (pretzels, pineapple lumpia, specialty beverages)
- Beverage Cart near Pongu Pongu (chips, bottled beverages)
- Ice Cream Carts (ice cream treats, bottled beverages)
Back in 2018, when the tasting sampler was first introduced, it was for the price of $30, and guests received a $35 digital value card to redeem for select food and beverage items around the park (a $5 bonus!). At the end of the day, participating guests enjoyed preferred seating for the second showing of Rivers of Light!
This sounded like a great deal so I purchased one for myself and one for my husband. As it was the very first time that the tasting sampler was offered, I won’t lie, that morning was a bit confusing as many of the cast mates had not been informed of the tasting sampler, so when I went to purchase my food and beverage items they did not know how to ring my purchase! I had also asked for the maps that were provided at various parts of the park, and again confusion arose! By the third day of our visit, it seemed like cast members were quite well aware of what to expect from the pass itself.
I would have to say that trying the sampler very much felt like we were part of an exclusive mini food festival which allowed us to sample many different types of cuisine, and not to mention beer, which was my husband’s favorite part of using the tasting sampler.
When you purchase the sampler, you’ll receive an email for each digital value card. Each email will have a barcode that can be added to your digital wallet on your mobile phone and scanned at most food and beverage locations throughout the park. The fact that it’s on your phone makes it more convenient than having to bring out a form of payment each and every time you are purchasing a food item.
One of the perks that I loved best about purchasing the tasting sampler and digital value card was the seating for Rivers of Light. This added benefit made it well worth it as I was not able to get a Fast Pass for the evening of our visit to Animal Kingdom and therefore, with the pass, I had a guaranteed seat for the show. Worth it!
I also want to note that all of the food offerings are available for any guest to purchase, whether or not they purchase the Tasting Sampler. Guests can get the full list of participating locations and menu offerings at any food and beverage location at the park.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler can be purchased starting tomorrow, Oct. 8, and will be available through January 4, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. noon E.T. and can be used at Disney’s Animal Kingdom during regular operating hours. When you purchase the sampler, you’ll receive an email for each digital value card. Each email will have a barcode that can be added to your digital wallet on your mobile phone and scanned at most food and beverage locations throughout the park. For a full list of participating locations and menu offerings, visit any food and beverage location at the park. To purchase, visit http://offers.disney.com/DAKDINEBONUS/.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler $50 digital value card can only be redeemed at the participating locations indicated on the Tasting Sampler map, which will be available at any participating food and beverage location in the park from December 22, 2019 through January 4, 2020. It cannot be used at Table-Service Restaurants or Quick-Service Restaurants and does not expire. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom After 4 p.m. Quick Service Bonus $10 digital value card may only be redeemed at the five locations above and is not valid for use after January 4, 2020. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Guests must be at least 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages. Please keep a valid form of identification on hand at all times to verify your age.
- All menu items and event experiences are subject to change without notice.
- $50 Disney’s Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler and the $10 Disney’s Animal Kingdom After 4 Quick Service Bonus are separate products and cannot be combined.
- Check in for the Rivers of Light: We Are One show at the Dining Package kiosk on the DinoLand U.S.A. side of the theater and show a Cast Member your Tasting Sampler Digital Value Card on your mobile device.
Will you be purchasing your Winter 2019 Animal Kingdom Tasting Sampler or have had experience in purchasing? What are your thoughts?
by: Marisol White
Follow me on Instagram @marisolsmouseketools for all fun Disney content