Walt Disney World guests are familiar with Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, but may not be aware that Disneyland offers a similar type of event each year known as Mickey’s Halloween Party. There are some similarities and differences.
- Both parks offer special decorations
- Both parks offer special character meet and greets that normally wouldn’t be available on a daily basis
- Both parks offer trick or treating stations to collect candy
- Both parks offer most of its attractions to party guests
- Both parks offer character dance parties
- Both parks allow guests to wear costumes during their parties
- Both parks offer 3 bonus hours of early entry
- Both parks offer special Halloween fireworks shows that wouldn’t be available on a daily basis
- Walt Disney World offers a FULL party-only parade, while Disneyland will offer the normal Paint the Night parade that can be viewed on other evenings. (Disneyland used to offer a special “Cavalcade” but that isn’t currently listed)
- Walt Disney World offers a special Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card. Disneyland has no such game.
- Walt Disney World offers a special villains show at Cinderella Castle, while Disneyland offers no such show.
- Disneyland offered a special magic show in 2014
- Disneyland offered a special 2 hour pre-party with characters in Toontown in 2013 and 2014
- Walt Disney World parties are always 7pm to midnight, while Disneyland parties may begin at 6pm or 7pm and still offer 5 full hours of party time.
- Walt Disney World offers smoking sections, while Disneyland does not allow smoking within the park during the parties.
- Throughout Halloween season from September 11 running to November 1 Disneyland also offers special overlays for Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain