Don’t worry, my actual house is in its usual messy state. Well, except for the areas my wife cleaned today. That reminds me that I need to tell my oldest daughter to clean her room. I wonder if she’ll read this on Twitter :)
I’ve been working on adding a great deal of addition information to the blog. I began the blog with the intention of helping people locate characters at Walt Disney World, then many of my friends began requesting the weekly entertainment
schedules, so I started doing that and updating every Saturday night. Then friends asked if we could turn our character schedules into an app. I really wanted to put show schedules in that app, but it wouldn’t work, so we started all over and made it killer instead! Time has come to add more data to the Blogola. One of the reasons that I chose a new theme was to allow more links on the top bar and prominently feature other items that are most used on the top left.
I’ve added new links across the top to make it easy to find what you’ll need to plan your visit to Walt Disney World and I’m working on adding the content to those areas.
Here’s some of what I’m up to:
- ATTRACTIONS – I’ll be adding descriptions and information about all the attractions in Disney World. Nothing is there currently, but will be filled in soon.
- You’ll find all the same great character schedules, the master list and interaction tips. I recently added possible locations for characters at Disneyland and I added the Water Park characters to the drop down to make them easy to find. I added top menus to help with navigation.
- In this area you’ll find great deals like free dining, room discounts and in the future I’ll add Disneyland and Cruise Line deals.
- Phase one is to get all the menus from the four parks, then add all the other counter service and table service restaurants. I have no intention of adding carts, too much work for little benefit to people. In the future I probably won’t add beverages because it takes a lot of time to tell you there’s coke, coffee, water etc…at every restaurant. I’m sure you’ll find something to drink :)
- I also moved the character meals information from Characters to Dining.
- Renamed this area, but it’s the same great content. I still need to add reviews for different shows and I’ll be changing the layout.
- I currently have placed Star Wars Weekends here to make it easy to find and navigate and soon I’ll add the other event info for things like Flower and Garden, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and the like. I’m turning them all into mini-sites to aid navigation. I’m doing away with the icons that I used on the old site and moving to a cleaner link them with site colors.
- Soon I’ll have information on all the hotels, so you can choose which hotel is best for your family.
- I added Park Hours for all 4 major parks. I’ll work on water parks later, but that one is pretty easy because they don’t change much.
- I added all the ticket prices for Walt Disney World Tickets.
- Soon I’ll be adding my Touring Plans. I’ll be re-writing the existing character ones based on current schedules and adding plans that offer characters and rides!
Did I miss anything that you’ll need to find easily to plan a GREAT Walt Disney World trip?