|Star Wars Weekends Guide|
“Join the rebellion”
Star Wars Weekends offers a number of special character meet and greets that don’t usually occur outside of these dates, special shows, autograph sessions with actual Star Wars celebrities and event specific merchandise. Click the links above for additional information. My Star Wars Weekends Map is included at the bottom of the post.
All entertainment is included with regular park admission.
James Arnold Taylor serves as the Star Wars Weekends host. Taylor is the voice of hundreds of Clone Wars animated characters, including Obi-Wan Kenobi.
2015 Star Wars Weekends Dates:
- May 15-17
- May 22-24
- May 29-31
- June 5-7
- June 12-14
Star Wars Weekends character dining
For the first time in Star Wars history, Walt Disney World is offering special Star Wars character dining opportunities at Hollywood and Vine for Dinner and Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater for breakfast. The Hollywood and Vine meal offers meet and greets with Mickey and the gang, while the Sci-Fi breakfast offers meet and greets with Star Wars villains with no wait. Click here for more details.
Highlights of Star Wars Weekends
- Jedi Training Academy and Padawan Mind Challenge – additional spots are created for young padawans to participate and they may battle Darth Vader, Darth Maul or Asajj Ventress on stage in a friendly duel. Be sure to go straight there at rope drop in order to sign up.
Sign ups for Jedi Training Academy occur at the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular during Star Wars Weekends! Here’s some basic guidelines for signups for Jedi Training Academy.
Sign ups for Padawan Mind Challenge occur at ABC Sound Studios. Guidelines for the Padawan Mind Challenge are the same, so I would recommend attempting each on a different day. Spots for each of these fill very quickly.
- Legends of the Force Motorcade. The motorcade features that day’s celebrities, Disney characters in their best Star Wars attire and the 501st Legion marching by. The parade is VERY popular, so get a good spot at least an hour or more early. The majority of the parade only marches from the front of the park to the hat and the 501st parades all the way to Star Tours. Here’s how to watch the Star Wars Motorcade without losing your mind.
- Symphony in the Stars Fireworks. Symphony in the Stars fireworks will return for 2015! They should be visible from most of the park, but the best viewing is on Hollywood Boulevard in the area it meets Sunset Boulevard. The fireworks will cause an early closure to the Toy Story Midway Mania area!
- Celebrity Autographs. Fans line up many hours early to receive a return “Fastpass” (paper ticket) to come back at a specific time and meet an actual Star Wars celebrity. To get an autograph for a highly regarded celebrity, you may consider lining up as early as 5:00 am. (Some celebrities do not sign or meet guests).
- Darth’s Mall. Darth’s Mall, the giant Star Wars shopping area is being relocated to the former Backlot Tour exit. People line up hours early on the first day in order to purchase the most limited merchandise. You can enter easily in the late afternoon.
Can I dress up for Star Wars Weekends?
Yes, you are allowed to represent your favorite character at Star Wars Weekends provided that you don’t represent yourself as an official character. Disney World requests that you not wear any type of mask. Hundreds of guests dress up. It gets really hot and humid here in May and June, so be careful with those multi-layered costumes and heavy materials and drink lots of water!
Feel the Force Premium Package
I purchased the Feel the Force Package in 2014 to test it out. I followed the directions exactly as they were provided on the Disney app and couldn’t have been more disappointed with my purchase! Here’s my review of the Feel the Force Parade portion (parade was at 11:30am in 2014). Here’s my full review of the Feel the Force Premium Package Fireworks for 2014. (Note: The hat has been removed, but I could still stand one foot away from the guests with snacks and get the same view). This should go on sale soon if you’d like to try it yourself. I prefer to purchase a $4 Mickey Premium Bar and stand watch the parade and fireworks in a better spot.
Disney VIP Tour Services Presents The Ultimate Day at Star Wars™ Weekends
(NOTE: This is official Disney information for those who wish to spend this kind of money on seeing a few shows that could be Fastpass+ or wait 45 minutes in line. The 3 rides aren’t too hard to fit in either. Hey, you could hang out with a pirate for less and we’ll meet more than one character too.)
See a new side of the greatest saga ever told with this one-of-a-kind tour, presented by Disney VIP Tour Services.
By decree of the Jedi Council, a limited number of Guests can gain special access to several interstellar offerings atDisney’s Hollywood Studios. Prepare yourself for The Ultimate Day at Star Wars Weekends!
Don’t miss this chance to blast off into hyperspace alongside your VIP guide for a series of exclusive experiences, including:
- Premium seating for Star Wars Weekends shows at Theater of the Stars, such as Stars of the Saga—a Star Wars-themed talk show that’s as entertaining as it is surprising
- Expedited access to attractions like Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, Toy Story Midway Mania! and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Reserved viewing location during the Legends of the Force Motorcade
- One (1) opportunity to meet a Character from the Dark Side
- Early access to Darth’s Mall—no waiting required
- Private deluxe continental breakfast at The Hollywood Brown Derby
- Table-service lunch at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Post-tour access to the Jedi Training Academy for your Padawans
Plus, after your guided experience comes to a close, you’ll have time to enjoy the park on your own before ending your day the Ultimate way with VIP viewing of the Summon the Force finale show and the Symphony in the Stars fireworks spectacular!
The Ultimate Day at Star Wars Weekends is available for $399 per Guest (tax not included) and takes place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday—May 15 to June 14, 2015. In addition, all DVC Members, Annual Passholders and Disney Rewards Visa Cardholders will receive a 15% discount!
For booking, please call (407) WDW-TOUR or (407) 939-8687. Advanced reservations are highly recommended as this special tour will fill up quickly. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. Theme park admission is not included and is required. Entertainment and Character appearances are subject to change.
Map will be updated as details are released