If you are planning to head to the parks for the reopening or any time soon, you are going to want to read this. Disney has announced virtual queue plans.
Rumblings in MDE
Last night, many guests noticed a virtual queue option pop up in there My Disney Experience Accounts. The option disappeared for some MDE users, but others are reporting that it is still available.
This addition of course created some speculation. Could Disney World see an emergence of virtual queues?
We have already seen some shops implementing a virtual return time. The Splash Mountain store in Magic Kingdom and World of Disney in Disney Springs have both used virtual return times periodically.
Disney Parks Blog’s Announcement
Today, Disney Parks Blog announced that Disney will indeed use a virtual queue for one of its headline attractions. Rise of the Resistance will utilize virtual queues beginning with the park’s reopening on July 15, 2020.
The site states: “For guests with upcoming Disney Park Pass reservations to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we wanted to share an update about Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will once again be using virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app. If you’ve joined the Resistance before, you will want to note a few changes to the process beginning July 15. Most importantly – as availability allows – guests will have an opportunity at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m. to request to join the virtual queue. This means there is no need to arrive early to the park to check the virtual queue” (Disney Parks Blog 2020).
guests will have an opportunity at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m. to request to join the virtual queue.
Guests who do not relish the idea of arriving at the park prior to opening in hopes of grabbing a boarding group most likely welcome the thought that there will be availability staggered throughout the day. However, many are probably still concerned about obtaining a pass at all.
Advice for Grabbing a Group
This is the advice Disney Parks Blog gives for obtaining a boarding group:
- First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
- Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue. The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time.
- Some guests may join backup groups. As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time.
- In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return.
- You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you are planning to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios and want to experience Rise of the Resistance, be sure to plan on being in the park and ready to grab a group at 10am, 1pm, or 4 pm. Also be sure to check for updates in case these times change.
As always, good luck. May the Force be with you!