Transportation options will still be available during the coronavirus closure. Read on to see which options will be offered and which ones will close. Plus, we have offered some activities to try out if you are staying at Disney World during this time!
As we all hopefully know by now, Disney World will close its theme parks beginning March 16 and ending March 31. However, Disney World resorts and Disney Springs will remain open during this time.
While many guests are canceling, others are using this as an opportunity to have a resort-only vacation with some visits to the open areas of the Disney World property.
If you are one of the ones canceling, please read this article that outlines how Disney will handle refunds for tickets, room reservations, and prepaid dining options.
Because the resorts and Disney Springs will remain open, select transportation options will be available for guests to use during their stay. Note that not all options will be up and running during this time.
Here are the modes of transportation that will be available from March 16-31:
- Resort Monorail
- Buses connecting onsite resorts to Disney Springs
- Buses will start running between resorts. This is a great opportunity for guests to visit other resorts
Please note that the hours of operation may be adjusted depending on resources and demand.
Here are the modes of transportation that will not be available from March 16-31:
- Disney Skyliner
- Express Monorail connecting Magic Kingdom and the Ticket and Transportation Center
- Buses connecting onsite resorts to the theme parks
Suggestions for Activities to do Around the Resorts
Need some ideas for things to do during your stay? Try out some new activities or check out some new areas you haven’t visited before! Just make sure you double check they are open!
- Any of the numerous activities at Disney Springs – shopping, movies, hot air balloon rides. We have a great list of things to do at Disney Springs!
- Golf at any of the Disney golf courses that will remain open during this time
- Hop on the monorail and visit all the Deluxe Resorts
- Enjoy the amenities at your resort – if you are staying at Fort Wilderness, lucky you!
- Luau at the Polynesian Resort or Hoop-Dee-Doo at Fort Wilderness Resort
Are you keeping your Disney vacation during the closure of theme parks? Let us know what you plan to do during your stay over on facebook.