Great news! Select Epcot attractions won’t see a reduction in operating hours after all! I’ve got the full details below.
Just last week, we reported that Disney announced a decision to reduce operating hours for certain attractions at Epcot.
Beginning February 23, the following attractions were supposed to close early:
- All Kidcot locations: Closing at 8:00 p.m. (currently closing at 9:00 p.m.)
- American Adventure: Last show to take place at 8:15 p.m. (currently closing at 9:00 p.m.)
- Awesome Planet: Last show to take place at 8:00 p.m. (currently closing at 9:00 p.m.)
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along: Last show to take place at 6:00 p.m. (currently closing at 7:00 p.m.)
- Canada Far and Wide: Last show to take place at 8:00 p.m. (currently closing at 9:00 p.m.)
- Impressions de France: Operating from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (currently open from 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
- Reflections of China: Last show to take place at 8:10 p.m. (currently closing at 9:00 p.m.)
Disney has reversed this decision. The attractions listed above, with the exception of Kidcot, will not be closing earlier like anticipated. We are uncertain whether or not Kidcot will continue to close early.
This is wonderful news because with the major construction happening at Epcot, the park needs to have everything running as normally as possible.
Extra Magic Hours
We also reported that a few of the shows at Epcot would not be participating in evening Extra Magic Hours. This decision was NOT reversed.
Beginning February 23, the following attractions will no longer be included in evening Extra Magic Hours.
- American Adventure
- Awesome Planet
- Canada Far and Wide
With this decision reversed, we are glad to hear we will be able to enjoy some of our favorite Epcot attractions later! Be sure to update your touring plans in Character Locator if you had already accounted for the earlier closing schedule.
What do you think of Disney reversing their decision to close certain attractions earlier? Share your thoughts with us on facebook!