I thought might be helpful to track the schedule information for the upcoming Rock Your Disney Side 24 Magic Kingdom day. The event will begin at 6:00am on Friday, May 23rd and the park will remain open until 6:00am on Friday, May 24th. The theme for the event is Heroes vs Villains, but we don’t know yet how that will play out. In the previous two iterations the event provided a special dance party in the hub and special character meet and greets after midnight, including Mickey and Minnie in their pajamas. There is no special ticket required, just a regular park ticket. Cast Members are blocked from using their gate privileges for the event but can use comp tickets.
Guests are encouraged to dress up as their favorite character, whether hero or villain, but don’t wear a mask that obstructs your vision. I again remind you it will be really HOT and possibly could rain, so dress in something light and bring a poncho.
Costume guidelines provided by Disney:
- Costumes should be child-friendly and adhere to any guidelines determined by Disney.
- Costumes should not be obstructive, offensive or violent; drag on the ground; contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest; contain any weapons or objects which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Masks may be worn, but they must not obstruct vision, and eyes must be visible at all times.
- Guests who dress like Disney characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused admission.
Based on the previous two 24 hour experiences, I would foresee light crowds early in the event and massive crowds in the evening for the fireworks and parade. It usually begins to clear out around 2:00am when the rides go through brief or early shut downs for routine maintenance that must be performed daily.
Here’s the entertainment schedule that was provided to me. I will update this information as it’s sent along. I haven’t received any information on any special character meet and greets or event specific activities yet. I’ll update the post when I do.
Stitchkingdom posted this information on characters yesterday on Twitter
— Stitch Kingdom (@stitchkingdom) May 16, 2014
PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THIS INFORMATION INTO FORUMS OR WEBSITES.
- Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial
2:20, 3:25, 4:30, 6:20, 7:25, 8:25pm
- Casey’s Corner Pianist
11:05am, 12:00, 1:10, 2:35, 3:30, 5:00, 6:50pm
- Celebrate the Magic
8:45, 9:45 & 10:45pm
- Dapper Dans
8:00, 9:00, 10:05, 11:05, 11:45am, 1:10, 2:15, 3:30pm
- Dream Along with Mickey
10:45am, 12:50, 2:15, 4:20, 5:15, 6:30pm
- Festival of Fantasy Parade 12:00 & 3:30pm
- Frontierland Dance Party – (2:15am-5:15am)
- Incredibles Super Dance Party 4:00pm-10:00pm
- Incredibles Super Movie Night 11:00am-5:00pm
- Kiss Goodnight 5:50am
- Magic Kingdom Welcome Show 5:50am
- Main Street Electrical Parade 11:00pm & 1:00am (Villains pre-parade 10:45pm & 12:45am)
- Main Street Philharmonic at Storybook Circus
11:20am, 12:25, 1:45, 2:50, 3:50pm
- Main Street Trolley Show
6:45, 7:40, 8:35, 9:25am
- Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! Street Party
10:00am, 1:30, 5:45pm
- Storybook Circus Clown Wowzer
10:35, 11:40am, 1:25, 2:05, 3:05, 4:10pm
- Storybook Circus Giggle Gang
11:00am, 12:05, 1:00, 2:30, 3:35, 4:35pm
- The Notorious Banjo Brothers and Bob
9:45, 10:45, 11:45am, 1:15, 2:05, 3:45, 5:15pm
- The Royal Majesty Makers
9:30am – 4:50pm
- Up All Night Dance Party at the Castle – (2:00am-5:45am)
*All entertainment is subject to change without notice