The 2023 runDisney Race Season is in full swing, but we are already gearing up for the 2024 season. A BIG event is making its return in 2024.
Disneyland Races Return
Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend will be held Jan 11-14, 2024. This registration will open on February 14, 2023. This race weekend will include three endurance races and a challenge! Club runDisney can register on February 7th.
Check out all the race dates and when you can register HERE. What races will you sign up for?
Coast to Coast Challenge Returns
With the return of Disneyland races comes the return of the Coast to Coast Challenge! IT’S BACK!
Anyone who completes any 10 mile race or longer at both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort in the SAME CALENDAR YEAR will receive a runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal!
You can qualify in two different ways to in 2024. Check it out below:
Complete the Half Marathon during the 2024 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend and at least one of the following:
- 2024 Walt Disney World Half Marathon
- 2024 Walt Disney World Marathon
Multi-event challenges (Dumbo Double Dare, Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge and Dopey Challenge) will also count towards your qualification for the runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal.
runDisney participants who choose this track will receive a special runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal only available in 2024.
A special Coast to Coast Challenge medal will be given for the back to back race weekends of the 2024 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend and the 2024 Disneyland Half Marathon Wekend.
Complete the Half Marathon during the 2024 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend, plus any qualifying event at Walt Disney World Resort in 2024, including:
- Disney Princess Half Marathon or Disney Fairy Tale Challenge
- runDisney Springtime Surprise 10-Miler or runDisney Springtime Surprise Challenge
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon or Disney Two Course Challenge
runDisney participants who choose this track will earn a different, unique runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal.
Things You Need to Know Before You Take On This Challenge
Here are some things you need to know for the Coast to Coast Race Challenge:
- Guests will not need to register for the runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge as a separate registration.
- Both qualifying races must be completed in the same calendar year.
- Guests only earn one runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal per calendar year.
- runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge medals will be available after crossing the finish line of the second race.
- Guests must be 14 years or older to participate.
- Please be aware that participation in virtual races does not count towards eligibility for the runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal.
Are you excited for the return of the Coast to Coast Race Challenge? Will you be trying to earn yours next race year? Let us know in the comments below and share this post with a friend who loves runDisney, too!