Do you think there it too much Frozen theming at Disney World? Disney is now putting more of it into another theme park.
As the legend goes, Disney’s Blizzard Beach was once Florida’s first ski-resort after a blizzard winter storm hit Walt Disney World Resort. But, before the skiers could strap on their boots, sunny Florida weather returned and powdery snow quickly turned to slippery slush. Bobsled and toboggan runs became downhill waterslides; a creek of melted mountain snow became a relaxing tube ride; and the chairlift now carries swimmers instead of skiers.
Full of plenty of icy architecture and water-ful attractions, the water park’s snowy atmosphere amid the warm temperatures of Florida continues to bring guests back to the winter wonderland year after year.
Blizzard Beach Holiday Fun
The water park, which features heated water throughout the park, will include an enhanced holiday atmosphere when it reopens. This year there will be limited-time holiday offerings through December 31 that include holiday-themed treats, snowfall and festive inner tubes. Guests can even meet a tropical-dressed Santa for the ultimate Florida holiday experience.
This holiday season, visit Santa and enjoy holiday themed treats, snow, and festive touches.
Popular attractions and features once again await guests, everything from slushy and slippery ski jumps to bobsled and toboggan runs to polar play spaces for every member of the family. Check out the attractions below:
- Summit Plummet is one of the tallest, fastest freefall body slides around. The heart-pumping attraction plunges guests down Mount Gushmore in a near vertical drop and rockets them into a darkened tunnel. It’s an attraction made especially for thrill-seekers!
- Teamboat Springs is one of the world’s longest group whitewater raft adventures, where up to six riders can take an epic and unpredictable whitewater journey down a mountain.
- Toboggan Racers is a unique attraction where guests use a mat to compete in a thrilling race downhill on an eight-lane slalom-style waterslide.
- Cross Country Creek is a scenic lazy river that takes guests on arctic adventure gliding through mysterious caves, illuminated grottoes and bask in Mount Gushmore’s refreshing spring water throughout polar paradise.
- Runoff Rapids offers a choice of three distinctly different inner-tube waterslides, where guests twist and turn down an adrenaline-filled trip down Mount Gushmore.
When Blizzard Beach reopens, guests will discover new touches from the Walt Disney Animation Studios film Frozen.
Blizzard Beach will now include Frozen theming.
The new Frozen features will be part of the kid-sized thrills of Tike’s Peak that is popular among young guests who will delight in the statuettes of Olaf and his pals in the warm wading pool, as well as Anna and Elsa’s igloo castle.
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park will reopen November 13 when guests will once again set off on arctic adventures in the warm Florida sun.
Blizzard Beach reopens on November with new theming!
Are you excited about Blizzard Beach finally reopening? Will you visit this holiday? Please hare your thoughts in the comments below or on Facebook.