Disney World is getting ready to reopen it’s parks. Cast Member preview happened yesterday at Walt Disney World. Now, Walt Disney World gave Good Morning America a first look at what Walt Disney World will look like when guests visit starting this Saturday! Read on to learn more!
Walt Disney World Reopening
Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will open this SATURDAY, July 11! Epcot and Hollywood Studios will open on July 15th. Some of the writing crew and Kenny will be there for Annual Passholder Previews and the opening of the parks. I can’t wait to hear about it!
We know things will look different as the parks reopen. Disney shared in an exclusive interview with Good Morning America what things will look like when the park reopens to guests.
Along with social distancing measures, face coverings, and mobile ordering the park may feel different when we visit. We will still get to experience the things we love, just in a different way.
Here are some character experiences that you can experience at each park:
- The Royal Princess Processional – this will occur several times throughout the day. The Disney princesses (Cinderella, Tiana, Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, and Rapunzel) will travel through the streets of the Magic Kingdom. Princess Merida will lead the way on her horse Angus
- Fantasyland Friends – Gaston on his horse followed by Winnie the Pooh, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, Wendy and Peter Pan
- Mickey and Friends Cavalcade – Mickey and friends will “pop up” throughout the day. They will invite guests to “Get Their Ears On” as they travel the park’s parade route.
- Tinker Bell – rides upon her treasure chest float
- Pooh Characters – onboard the trolley you may see Piglet, Eeyore and Rabbit
- A Goofy Cavalcade – Goofy, Max, Clarabelle, Panchito and Jose Carioca
- Cinderella’s Evil Stepsisters – guests in Fantasyland may spot the sisters on the balcony of Cinderella Castle.
- Jack Sparrow – appears on small stage in Adventureland
- Country Bears – balcony in Frontierland. Shaker & Wendell and then Big Al & LiverLips
- Discovery River Character Cruise – Timon and Rafiki or Pocahontas with Meeko will sail on the park’s waterways.
- Donald’s Dino Boat Bash! – Donald Duck, Launchpad McQuack, and Daisy Duck or or Chip n Dale with Goofy will wave to guests as they travel on their boats from Dinoland U.S.A. to Discovery River.
- Mickey and Friends Flotilla – Mickey, Minnie, Pluto
- Discovery Island Drummers – The group will travel along Discovery River as they perform for guests.
- Mickey and Friends World Tour: when visiting World Showcase, guests may see Mickey and his friends out and waving to guests.
- “Frozen” Promenade – Queen Anna and Elsa will travel around the World Showcase and wave to guests along the way.
- “Star Wars” Galaxy’s Edge – characters will be out around Black Spire Outpost on the planet of Batuu.
- Heroes of the Resistance – these characters, including Rey and Chewbacca, may be spotted on platforms above the garage in Black Spire Station or around the spaceport where the Millennium Falcon landed.
- First Order Storm Troopers – can be found patrolling the landing platform at Docking Bay 9
- Pixar Pals Motorcade – Some of your favorite Pixar characters will be waving to guests as they travel down the avenue.
- Disney Junior Stars Motorcade – Disney Junior stars will be riding in custom colorful convertibles waving to guests as they ride down Hollywood Boulevard.
Interview with GMA
Disney shares the parks will look different when we all visit, but there will still be magic when you visit. We will see mandatory face coverings, social distancing measures, and mobile ordering and check-in as just a few of the precautionary measures to ensure everyone’s safety.
Disney will not only be limiting guests in parks but also at all of their facilities. This is all in effort to limit physical contact between people.
Disney will open in a way that they will launch, learn, and adjust
Below you will find the full interview with Good Morning America. You will see some of the safety measures that we have shared with you. You will also see what some rides will look like, including Flight of Passage and Kilimanjaro Safaris.
Will you be traveling to Walt Disney World soon? What do you think of the phased reopening that Disney is implementing? Let us know on the Kenny the Pirate Facebook page. Don’t forget to join the KtP crew page too!