A Disney park is reopening again after an extended closure. See when the reopening date is right here.
Shanghai Disney Resort
Shanghai Disney Resort is reopening after an extended closure amid concerns due to coronavirus. Currently, it is the only Disney theme park that has been closed. You might remember that Hong Kong Disneyland reopened to guests in April 2022.
However, Shanghai Disney will open with limited capacity and reduced park hours. Here is exactly what will be open.
The Shanghai Disney Resort website says the following about the official reopening:
Shanghai Disney Resort’s Wishing Star Park, the World of Disney Store and Blue Sky Boulevard will resume operations on June 10, 2022. Shanghai Disneyland, Disneytown and the two resort hotels remain closed until further notice. Upon reopening, each of these resort locations will operate at limited capacity and reduced hours of operation: Wishing Star Park will operate from 9:00 to 17:00; the World of Disney Store will operate from 9:00 to 19:00; and Blue Sky Boulevard will operate from 8:00 to 19:00, subject to actual operations. The Lakeshore Boat Rental service on Wishing Star Lake will resume operations on the same day. Guests may refer to the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App for the latest information.
Shanghai Disney Resort’s Wishing Star Park, the World of Disney Store and Blue Sky Boulevard will resume operations on June 10, 2022.
Health and Safety Measures
Health and safety measures remain as a top priority. Here are measures guests must follow:
- All locations will operate at controlled capacity upon reopening
- All guests, regardless of age, will be required to present a green Shanghai Health QR Code (“Suishenma”) and a negative Nucleic Acid Test (NAT) taken within 72 hours (from sampling time) prior to entering Shanghai Disney Resort.
- All guests will also be required to scan the “Venue Code” and present a green code to Cast, or present the Shanghai Health QR Code to onsite Cast for scanning to confirm the validity, upon entering Shanghai Disney Resort.
- All guests will continue to be required to undergo temperature screening upon entering Shanghai Disney Resort
- All guests will be required to wear masks during their entire visit to the resort in both indoor and outdoor settings, except when dining
- All guests will be required to strictly follow social distancing requirements, and a safe distance of one meter should be kept while queuing or dining
- All guests will be encouraged to maintain good personal hygiene
- All Cast Members, tenant employees at Disneytown and third-party vendors will be required to undergo regular NAT and antigen tests as well as conduct temperature screening and recording following government requirements
- Sanitization and disinfection will be increased and strengthened throughout the resort.
What do you think of the reopening for Shanghai Disney Resort? What do you think of the health measures put in place? Do you think measures should still be put in place at other Disney parks or do you like that many have been relaxed or completely removed? Tell us in the comments below or on our Facebook page.