The Orange County Task Force has established some initial guidelines Disney World would need to follow in order to reopen. More details are outlined below.
As we all anxiously await Orlando area theme parks to reopen, the Task Force is meeting to get things back up and running as quickly and safely as possible.
They have outlined some initial guidelines for theme parks, hotels, bars, restaurants, and more to follow in order to reopen. Please note that these are initial requests, meaning they will likely be evaluated and revised over time.
Also worth noting is that there are different guidelines for smaller theme parks compared to the large theme parks in Florida.
Let’s take a look at what would be required and encouraged for theme parks overall and large theme parks (Disney and Universal).
Overall Guidelines for Theme Parks
- Tape marking of 6 feet apart in ride/attraction queues
- Staff to regularly wipe surfaces down at random
- Phase 1 and 2: Staff 65 years of age and older are encouraged to stay home
Large Theme Park Mandates
- All employees are required to wear face masks
- Touchless hand sanitizer at each ticketing entry and turnstile
- Touchless hand sanitizer at each and every ride/attraction entry and exit
- Temperature checks for staff prior to shift (temperature above 100.4 may not enter premises)
- All employees with flu-like symptoms advised to stay home
- Wipe down of all railings and surfaces after every use
- Phase 1: 50% capacity
- Phase 2: 75% capacity
Hotels, restaurants, and bars have separate guidelines. For example, during Phase 1, housekeeping services will be limited to allow for minimal guest and employee exposure.
Paper/disposable menus would be required at restaurants, and delivery/take out options would be encouraged instead of dining in.
Everything was discussed at the task force meeting can be found below. You can find the guidelines and mandates for all industries around the 15-minute mark of the video.
What do you think of these initial guidelines and mandates? Is there anything you think can be implemented that was not mentioned? Let us know your thoughts on Facebook.