UPDATE: The sign up page was closed within 30 minutes!
I was reading Disboards earlier this morning and came across a post that stated that passholders attending the Leap Day celebration at Magic Kingdom or Disneyland could receive FREE commemorative Mickey Ears. I thought, “Why not get something for free?” So I signed up. Here’s what I found:
In celebration of Leap Day, both Magic Kingdom® Park in Florida and Disneyland® Park in California will be open for 24 hours straight*, beginning at 6 a.m. on 2/29/12, for you to enjoy select attractions and entertainment.
The first 1000 Walt Disney World® Passholders that sign-up online will have the opportunity to be a part of this historic event and will receive a special pair of commemorative Mouse ears.
Location: Magic Kingdom® Park turnstiles
Date: February 29, 2012
Times: Check-in will begin at 5:00 a.m. Passholder must be checked in by 5:30 a.m. to receive a pair of commemorative Mouse ears.
• Sign-up is only available online and is limited to Passholders only.
• All Passholders (aged 3 and above) will need to show a confirmation voucher and valid Disney Passholder ID at the time of check-in. Passholders over the age of 18 will also need to show a photo ID.
• Mouse ears are limited to one per Passholder. Passholder must be present at the event and checked-in by 5:30 a.m. to receive a pair of commemorative Mouse ears.
• Passholders will receive a confirmation voucher via E-mail to the address provided during sign-up no later than January 24, 2012.
* Hours of operation are from 6 a.m. on 2/29/12 to 6 a.m. on 3/1/12. Subject to capacity restrictions. Valid Magic Kingdom Theme Park admission required.
At this point I was asked to enter my first & last name, passholder number and email. After entering this information I was directed to this page:
Thank you for your interest in attending the kick-off of the One More Disney Day celebration* at Magic Kingdom® Park on February 29, 2012.
Upon clicking “END” at the bottom of this page you will have successfully signed-up and a confirmation voucher will be e-mailed to you no later than 1/24/2012. Please bring the voucher along with your valid Disney Passholder ID to event check-in. Passholders over the age of 18 will also need to show a photo ID.
Check-in will begin at 5:00 a.m. in front of the turnstiles of Magic Kingdom® Park on 2/29/12. Passholders must be checked in by 5:30 a.m. in order to receive a pair of commemorative Mouse ears.
We look forward to sharing the day with you and invite you to Let the Memories Begin!
Your request is not complete until you click “End” at the bottom of this page.
After clicking END, it redirected me to the One More Disney Day page located here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/one-more-disney-day/